Excalman

Greenie
Sep 3, 2016
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really do not like the quality of the headphones on my Excalibur II 1000. Can anyone recommend a good to great quality set of headphones and a longer cord. The cord is not long enough for me to swing comfortably. I would also like to know how to set up my machine for a push button to switch from pinpoint to discriminate modes. I have seen other hunters with them and was wondering how to do it. Finally any thoughts on a larger coil that works well with my machine? I have seen some folks with a 15-17" coil. Just wondering how they work.

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoops I think we were talking past each other Treasure Hunter. I was talking about Tony Eisenhower's PP mod that Deepseeker was referring to not the headphone mod.
My apologies, did not realize you were talking about Tony's mod.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well written!
You need to get back to the beach...

Joe, just not possible for me right now, wish it was. However, after this weekend many of the small freshwater beaches up here will start getting busy again and I do have my eye on those. :occasion14: .....I can't wait to get back in the water again! This land hunting fills the void but it's just not the same thing at all.....

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct me if I'm wrong, Isn't the splice just an extra length of cable that has two extra wires in it for the PP? So essentially you are splicing the coil at the PP location, then running everything back into the pod through one cable to be connected? Pretty ingenious.

Yes, the last one of mine that we did used that method with the Plugger shaft and PP handle. Instead of using a two hole end cap on both ends of the pod, we now just use a one hole (stock headphone endcap) and a two hole. My first Excal mod using the Andersen setup had the 2 hole cable end caps on both ends. It's just a little cleaner setup using the one cable on the headphone end, so, there are less wires getting in the way, plus you can swap headphones easier. Tony has one of his set up like a CTX with everything running inside the shaft. Looks clean and cool, but, kind of a pain the work on if you want to make any changes. Plus, if you want to travel with it, it doesn't break down to fit in a suitcase very well.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool Cuda. I would definitely tackle this if I had a drill press.

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ND!! I only sell the coil change endcap, CTX/Excal headphone endcap, PP kits and that is from Jan 1 to Feb 30th, ...........Only if your skilled in electronics do I advice doing the kits I sell.

Treasure Hunting season is here and the Gold is Calling my name!

Always will advise them to talk to you. You are the best in my opinion at all mods. Hope your gold season is going well. Nutsdad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread