Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANYONE HAS A QUESTION OR NEEDS HELP WITH ANYTHING DETECTING RELATED WATER OR LAND
DONT BE AFFRAID TO DROP ME A PM OR ASK ON THE FORUM - THAT WAY OTHERS CAN ADD THEIR 2 CENTS TOO
OUT OF MY LAST 5 PMs - 4 HAVE SAID "REALLY SORRY TO BOTHER YOU" OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES
ITS NO BOTHER - I WORK NIGHTS AT A FEDERAL FACILITY AND THATS USUALLY WHEN I WILL ANSWER MOST
QUESTIONS - EARLY MORNINGS - PLEASE DONT THINK I YELLING BECAUSE I USE CAPS - WE USE CAPS FOR
PRACTICALLY EVERY THING HERE - PLUS I THINK THE CAPS IS YELLING THING IS SO EARLY 2000S
TO ME ITS EASIER TO READ FOR ME AND YOU
IVE BEEN IN HIS HOBBY SINCE 1975 AT AGE 12 - DONE A LOT OF LAND AND A LOT OF WATER
IF I CAN GIVE YOU A GOOD ANSWER OR HELP YOU I WILL
IF I CANT - IVE GOT MANY FRIENDS THAT PROBABLY CAN
AND I'LL DIRECT YOU TO THEM OR ASK THEM FOR THE ANSWER
GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the kind offer. I enjoy your posts and have learned a lot from your input. Even though I am not asking questions, I am learning and fitting the pieces of the puzzles together as I become more successful. I have a tough time water hunting where I live. The waves are high and almost constant. On the rare occasion when the waves are low and I am able to get into the surf I usually find stuff. However, if the target it more than two scoops deep it is almost impossible to recover the target. I do recall several years back I got a weak but decent signal and more than a foot deep with my White's Dual Field I pulled out a scoop and felt sure I had the target. When I passed the coil over the hole, as the incoming tide brought another round of waves, I got "almost" no signal, so I figured it was in the scoop and probably trash with just a little bit left in the hole. Turned out to be a very heavy Stainless Steel watch band without the watch. I assume the watch was left in the hole, and by the weight of the band was likely a very nice one. Went back to the hole as the waves started pounding now and couldn't find the depression in the sand where the hole was and could never get a signal since I guess it was too deep and too small to signal now. I assume you hunt in calmer water than I have here or you have tricks I haven't figured out yet. Happy Hunting to ya.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your posts too. I use caps to HIGHLIGHT stuff, but not to yell. Bold and italics work too, but way too much bother.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please follow Treasurenet rules, use caps only for special circumstances.

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well casper your always ready to help somebody for sure, you've helped me with a lot of things and appreciate it, and man I got married one year before 1975 and been in metal detecting from about the same age, my mother is what got me started on an old whites machine, HH Casper

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Rut row. Cap police.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know about MDing advice, but I sure liked that sauce you so kindly sent me!!

Bootylover

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANYONE HAS A QUESTION OR NEEDS HELP WITH ANYTHING DETECTING RELATED WATER OR LAND
DONT BE AFFRAID TO DROP ME A PM OR ASK ON THE FORUM - THAT WAY OTHERS CAN ADD THEIR 2 CENTS TOO
OUT OF MY LAST 5 PMs - 4 HAVE SAID "REALLY SORRY TO BOTHER YOU" OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES
ITS NO BOTHER - I WORK NIGHTS AT A FEDERAL FACILITY AND THATS USUALLY WHEN I WILL ANSWER MOST
QUESTIONS - EARLY MORNINGS - PLEASE DONT THINK I YELLING BECAUSE I USE CAPS - WE USE CAPS FOR
PRACTICALLY EVERY THING HERE - PLUS I THINK THE CAPS IS YELLING THING IS SO EARLY 2000S
TO ME ITS EASIER TO READ FOR ME AND YOU
IVE BEEN IN HIS HOBBY SINCE 1975 AT AGE 12 - DONE A LOT OF LAND AND A LOT OF WATER
IF I CAN GIVE YOU A GOOD ANSWER OR HELP YOU I WILL
IF I CANT - IVE GOT MANY FRIENDS THAT PROBABLY CAN
AND I'LL DIRECT YOU TO THEM OR ASK THEM FOR THE ANSWER
GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Well well my friend you are just the person I have been looking for......
Ok we'll little back story started new job with a friend and he has been talking about getting back into md. He wasn't doing it long but loves doing it. So after days of talking about it he had me hooked so I have been researching md for beginners. Today at my father in-laws house I brought up what my new hobby was going to be. And that I have been pricing some md lately. So he leaves the table and comes back with 2 whites beach Hunter 300 and gives me one. I know they are good for water hunting but I live next to the Delaware River and the nearest beach is 1.5 hours away from me. So My question for you is can I use the Beach Hunter 300 in parks, woods, fields ect....
Thanks for your input

Sent from my Z833 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok we'll little back story started new job with a friend and he has been talking about getting back into md. He wasn't doing it long but loves doing it. So after days of talking about it he had me hooked so I have been researching md for beginners. Today at my father in-laws house I brought up what my new hobby was going to be. And that I have been pricing some md lately. So he leaves the table and comes back with 2 whites beach Hunter 300 and gives me one. I know they are good for water hunting but I live next to the Delaware River and the nearest beach is 1.5 hours away from me. So My question for you is can I use the Beach Hunter 300 in parks, woods, fields ect....
Thanks for your input

Lotta old beach's on the Delaware river.. water might not be the cleanest or be the safest area but has to be some good water hunting.

Here is one that is too far for me...Research, Research..you might be surprised.
Deemer's Beach.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CASPER-2 ... :hello2: :notworthy:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ideally water machines/beach machines are primarily designed for that - but its a metal detector and will detect metal wherever you go .
because it does not have all the bells and whistles of most of your land machines out there - it will take some practice on your part
to use in the dirt - you will probably be digging it all - good and bad - but that's not a bad thing - I started out as a kid hunting with non discriminating machines and dug it all and found lots of good stuff others with discriminating machines missed - I hunt primarily in all metal now
ive never taken my water machines to a park or school but have used on a few CW relic hunts in the woods and it performed fantastic - I was getting stuff in the 2 ft range that others could not get a reading on with their high end machines - if you put the time in and learn the machine ...Im sure you'll get some treasures you just might have to work harder with that type of machine - old plowed farm fields may be good for you - where digging is easier
good luck

Thanks for your input

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best digging condition hard bottom with a lot of little rocks or firm clay bottom? In the Chesapeake bay

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best digging condition hard bottom with a lot of little rocks or firm clay bottom? In the Chesapeake bay

Not to "butt in"... but IMO... standard style alum or stain scoop if chest deep or less.
Due to size of holes and the ability to "kick it in" grip and pull and withstand the abuse from pulling suction and overall abuse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread