Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Now your giving away all the secrets!!..:laughing7:

Best to hunt those areas in the winter. I know 2015 Mike and I tore a spot up bad,...last year the root system was gone ..I guess the roots washed away? i know the finds were a lot less also..Almost thinking they captured some of the treasure.

Something I have experienced with old lumber setting on the bottom. Had a area a few years ago I got 15 gold rings from, stopped by some type of wood pileup.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on a "very small" beach a couple of weeks ago, one of those old community swimming beaches, a right of way thing, only three parking places. This little swimming area still gets roped off even though it is almost all deep silt and weeds now. Honestly, it was target on top of target and almost impossible to hunt even with the 8" coil. I did get one old chain and pendent and several old coins but I never put a dent into what was there. Several different times I got locked into a tone, finally recovered it, only to check the hole again to discover a completely new target even a bit deeper in the rock below the silt. And the best part, a very narrow strip of sand ran down the middle of all of this otherwise deep silt, not a single target left in that clean strip of sand as it had been pounded to death. Looking forward to getting back up there again. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread