Anyone hunted in Cartagena, colombia?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TORRERO
  • 1 Post By LawrencetheMDer

Thread: Anyone hunted in Cartagena, colombia?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2009
    Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
    289 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Anyone hunted in Cartagena, colombia?

Anyone hunted in Cartagena, Colombia?
    2016 TOTALS

Son was born in 2015 so no detecting this year yet, 0r 2016, 0r 2017 'very little hunting!

0 GOLD
    0 SILVER (925)
    0 Wheaties - 19...

favorite quote -

I AM A GREAT BELIEVER IN LUCK AND I FIND THE HARDER I WORK THE MORE I HAVE OF IT! - THOMAS JEFFERSON

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...MG_3461WP1.jpg
    1st - Keep Wife and Son Happy -2nd go HUNT!

Charter Member
    us
    ZO6 Guy

Jan 2014
    Los Angeles
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
    1325 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    I didn't see anyone hunting on the beaches when I was there last year. I have to believe there's an opportunity. Hopefully some had some experience.

us
    URBAN DISCOVERY !

Nov 2004
    NC
    WHITES DFX, TESORO
    47 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I have hunted in Cartegena and Santa Marta and Playa Blanca and a few beaches that can only be reached by boat...
    Considerering the fact that I did not see others hunting there... I found very little... leading me to beleive that someone somewhere keeps it hunted...
    Found a lot of pocket change but nothing that would seem to indicate that it was NOT hunted.... I mean... a smattering of change... not handfulls of coins like if it were not hunted..
    The little beach that we went to by boat was the worse of these... where I hunted in the water and on the sand, just tourists come here and you have to leave by boat... on the dry sand almost nothing but pulltabs.. like someone kept it scoped out regular like..

In the water I did better with many more coins but also a lot of pulltabs...
    I was using a Tesoro tiger shark... pulse induction... so I had to dig everything... so lack of coin signals in the sand was shocking...
    just my experiance...

Out in the water in front of Santa Marta it was easy walking and the water was flat, no waves, but there seemed to be a literal CARPET of pulltabs ... with a scattering of coins mixed in... (out in the water)
    lots and lots of signals... 9 out of 10 were pulltabs.. and I was using a scoop first time... and stuff was hard to locate...
    I did not find any rings to speak of, a few ear rings.. and some junk jewlry and pocket change..
    on the dry sand lots of trash..
    LawrencetheMDer and stavr like this.
    URBAN DISCOVERY !
    DISCOVERING, RECOVERING, PRESERVING AMERICAN AND WORLD TREASURES ONE PIECE AT A TIME

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 w 11" and 15" coils, Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pro Find 35 Pointer Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil, Fisher F-Pulse Pointer
    1561 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I had a conversation here 2-3 years ago with someone from South America and he also complained about excessive trash/junk, etc., in the water and on beach (nothing like the USA!) and that he needed a good discriminating machine to sort out the trash.
    stavr likes this.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

Sponsored Links