I'm Being Stalked!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swear, the weather is targeting me. I check the radar and weather before I go to bed, no threat of bad weather the next day. In the morning I get up, check the weather again, still looks good so I depart to my destination. About halfway to my destination the sky starts turning a little dark, by the time I arrive at my destination it's full blown thunderstorms with enough lightening to turn darkness into day. I just can't seem to get away from it this year.....:BangHead:
DSC_4764 BW 25 per-1.jpg

Upvote 0

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I washed my car! That's what triggers these thunder storms. Had some close lightning last night. Flash of light was right there with the sound so it just missed us...

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not just you, every time I uncover my blazer or leave a window open on my car it rains even when there's no rain in the forecast. Has a few hunts go that way too.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had plans to hit the water today after making my rounds. Sure, first stops were hot and humid, last two stops were between rain drops and then temps dropped and rain almost non stop since. Maybe next week.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to try to get in the water again tomorrow. :dontknow:

Plant some seeds and do not water them.
Do a rain dance and plead for rain.
Wear a raincoat.
Carry an umbrella.
Or ,do all the above on the local tv stations weather broadcast and guarantee rain tomorrow.

I planted a hundred miscanthus rhizomes a couple months ago and that made it quit raining for weeks.......

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plant some seeds and do not water them.
Do a rain dance and plead for rain.
Wear a raincoat.
Carry an umbrella.
Or ,do all the above on the local tv stations weather broadcast and guarantee rain tomorrow.

I planted a hundred miscanthus rhizomes a couple months ago and that made it quit raining for weeks.......

I don't mind the rain, hunted in a pour down for a couple hours the other day. It's all of that thunder and bright stuff with static that I don't like. :laughing7:
charlie lightening 2 spt 50 per-1.jpg

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind the rain, hunted in a pour down for a couple hours the other day. It's all of that thunder and bright stuff with static that I don't like. :laughing7:
View attachment 1472111

God goes after golfers, not detectorists. :laughing9: Swing fast, maybe He can't hit a moving target.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I usually detect until I hear the lightning in my headphones. Then it's time to pack up!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread