Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its HOT HOT HOT! Everywhere you look the country is gripped in a coast to coast heat wave. The TV news is gleefully reporting on it daily, Al Gore is as pleased as he can be over it ** and the rest of us are simply left to swelter. But, my partner Hal and I have the solution - fresh water detecting!

We have been looking into a lake over in the next county of late. It has no beach, per se, but Hal got a hot tip from a friendā€¦ it seems there IS one out of the way place there where people have been swimming for a long time. So we loaded up the dueling Tiger Sharks, the usual mountian of gear and cooler chests and headed on over. We were sure no one had thought to detect there and as it turned out, we were right.

Unfortunately, this Redneck Riviera has one problem - it has been used by rednecks. Iā€™m talking broke folk, here, man! The area held little in the way of good keepersā€¦ actually NONE. I mean, something has to be there to call it good, right? What we got was a coffer full of clad, enough tabs to fill a bag and plenty of worthless junk. At one point Hal said he felt like we were hunting in the dump!

But, where there are coins, there is likely to be jewelry. And so it was. I found a mans corroded up Speidel ID bracelet and a childā€™s 18K HGE signet ring with the letter ā€œHā€ on it. It is the second such ring that I have found and it just so happens that ā€˜Hā€ is my last initial. An omen, perhaps? A portent of better things to come?

Hal got a small silver toe ring marked with a cross, flanked by two fish. Christians wear toe rings?

It wasnā€™t a bad day, it wasnā€™t a great day, but it sure beat the heat - anyway.

[attachment 1]

Take care and thanks for reading.

** If youā€™ll recall, I predicted this heat wave back in early April, when my ever-paranoid friend, Anthony, worried over how cool it was then.
ā€œItā€™s not supposed to be this cool,ā€ he said, wringing his hands.
ā€œItā€™s early spring, man. March is just passed,ā€ I told him. ā€œSO, itā€™s cool - what of it?ā€
ā€œGlobal warming, thatā€™s what. Maybe we should donate some money to Al Goreā€¦ā€ His eyes bugged a little as he said it.
ā€œI have a prediction for you, bro.ā€ I lowered my voice to a whisper, moving closer - ā€œReady?ā€œ
He nodded.
ā€œCome August, itā€™s gonna be hot. Iā€™m talking summer time heat wave here; mark my words.ā€
He put his hand to his mouth; his eyes bugged wider. Then he nodded again and looked around suspiciously, making sure no one had heard us.
I was right, it seems.

Peace, yo!
David
[email protected]

"A Liberal is a conservative who has been arrested. A Conservative is a liberal who has been mugged."

Attachments

• DSCF0012.JPG
    DSCF0012.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 218
Upvote 0

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
because of the heat here in FL we have been told to saty out of the freshwater lakes an ponds....!a 11 year old has already died beacuse of some kind of parasite thats like the warm water...

OP
OP
dahut

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yow!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beating the heat is always nice when you can detect while wading in cool water. Our county health dept. checks swim areas for bacteria and closes some beaches on a daily basis. I check the website every morning to make sure I don't drive to some beach that is closed and no one is allowed in the water. It saves time and gas.

You never know what you'll find in these old swim areas and they are an adventure to hunt.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Wow, I didn't realize that the water is being effected that much down there by heat. I would be curious to what it's doing to the fishery. In the North East we have some problems, but nothing compared to what it sounds like in the South.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread