Im looking for a new machine please help

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
I'm looking for a new machine please help

I have a Whites Surfmaster2,water detector,works good; but I hear the Whites Beach hunter that replaced it is a great detector-by the way,I have never seen purple sand in my life-is it colored from different minerals?I dont think we have anything like that in Michigan!!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Hey Moose, I'm interested in learning more about the Infinium. How's the target separation on close targets and how well discrimination works when using the machine. I currently use a CZ-20 for water work and was thinking about trying a high-end PI unit on occasion.

Attachments

• Crystally (2).JPG
    Crystally (2).JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Rock crusher sluice.jpg
    Rock crusher sluice.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Crystally (5).JPG
    Crystally (5).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Greenish Rock (3).JPG
    Greenish Rock (3).JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Crystally (8).JPG
    Crystally (8).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 24
J

jmadden99

I have an Excalibur 1000 from minelab. I am a scuba diver and dive in both fresh and salt water. I also own a garret and bounty hunter. I detected for close to 4 years before purchasing my Excalibur. I actually built an underwater case for my bountyhunter and dove with it for a summer. I have found more stuff in the last year with my Excalibur then all previous years in total. Water hunting is the way to go, even if you just snorkel or use a long handled scoop, all the jewerly and coins are in 3 feet of water or more. And it is true, there is 10 times more stuff in the water. In one trip I found 12 rings and over 100 coins, at a popular fresh water lake. I also detect with a local dealer, who I bought my Excalibur from, he uses a garret and is quite impressed with my Excalibur. I use the excalibur on land and underwater with great success. The excalibur coil is heavy, it is weighted for diving, but you get used to the weight after a few weeks of using the machine. As a final note, several times I have dug quarters in the sand at over 2 feet down, litterly dug in holes with my sholder pressed into the ground to reach the bottom of the hole. I have never used any other underwater detector but I do like my Excalibur. Good luck with your choice, read as much as you can before making a choice.

Attachments

• htchks121513.jpg
    htchks121513.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 21
  • vabtncln.jpg
    vabtncln.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 20
  • cfedsdldr.jpg
    cfedsdldr.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 24

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread