ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are turning into a 3rd world county in some locations in the US.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a dirty world. Last year or the year before they had an outbreak of some type of bacteria in the water that was called flesh eating bacteria, especially if you have any cuts or open sores. That's why I wear clothes in the water during the summer and wetsuit in the winter.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in south florida warm water breeds bacteria, I wear a light wet suit and a hood so that stuff doesnt go in my ears some kind of a filter is better than no filter I know a couple other hunters who have gotten sick

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea we got the flesh eating bacteria here too its been in the bay for years. Man or beast I refuse to live in fear. When the water temp goes down it goes more dormant.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hepatitis A Outbreak: San Diego Washes Sidewalks In Beach Communities

"We are expanding cleaning efforts beyond downtown to other areas where we know homeless individuals are living in unsanitary conditions."

Got my Flu and a Hep A shot today:help:

Good idea to stay out of the bum camps. Some are just plain crazy. We had a club member attacked by one a few months ago in broad daylight at the beach!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't go in the water. I've seen people step on unknown stuff and had to be hauled out before. Saw a used hypodermic needle there the week before last. I wear stout tennis shoes and watch where I step.

OP
OP
clv

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea to stay out of the bum camps. Some are just plain crazy. We had a club member attacked by one a few months ago in broad daylight at the beach!
The attacker was sentenced today, got 6 months and 1 strike

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bottle hunter in the upper keys was digging a bottle from the mangrove mud when he got cut. Yup.....he got the flesh eating bacteria and almost lost an arm. This happened at Matheson hammock in miami where thay had issues with water quality many times before. Like my son says" eeeeeww thats yucky daddy".

DIGDIG

Nov 23, 2009
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bum camps. Just reminded me I have to invite my buddy Glock on my next hunt. We have many homeless in Florida. Last time my father-in-law went fishing two were nearby and started fighting. So walking around with a $1000. toy can make you a target.

kickback

Mar 11, 2004
South Dakota
Sorry "I may be dumber than a bag of hammers". I worked as an R.N. with blood born pathogens for 47 years.My experience was you had to have blood to blood contact or through sexual intercourse. Hep. exposed to the air wasn't viable for very long.The virulence was greatly reduced.Not to say don't take precautions but good hand washing and gloves if you have to handle or come in direct contact with the contagion should be enough.
Just my experience. I worked in dialysis for a long time coming in contact with blood daily(47 years).
Badlandsbilly

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread