rons1947

Jul 12, 2007
Palm Bay,Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi All,I got out hunting for 5 hours at our local beach yesterday and hunted with the Excalibur 2 detector. After the 2 hurricanes this year,our beach is a real mess.We have a lot of sea weed on the dry sand,that often has trash in it.I had to dig pretty deep to get some of this junk.This consisted mostly of aluminum cans and pieces of cans.My good finds consisted of 2 quarters and 1 dime.Here is a photo of the junk.I hope that this beach improves over time.
100_2101.JPG

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your beach is sanded in and not worth searching unless you can find some hard sand/cobble.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Half the challenge and fun is trying - If it was always simple, everyone would be doing it.
Most of us get skunked more often than not, goes with the territory.
You were out there trying and for all you know may have come within half a swing of an 18k chain.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just switching from beach tourist season to fields and dirt season. If we get some winter storms, and the sand goes out, it will be ocean beach season for a bit.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the faith, usally at sanded in beaches you will find what I call the band. It's a small band of sand where all your finds of any value will be. Usally right below the top of the slope or cut. If you are on a remote beach, and you can get away without filling your holes you will be able to look behind you at the holes youve dug and see the band. It will look like a long row of holes all in a 3 foot wide swath of beach stretching out in a long line behind you where all the better finds on a sanded beach are exposed. Once you find the band of erooded sand just stay on that line and your luck will be better. Im always amazed when im able to do this, somtimes ill have a band of holes stretching along the same line on the beach for a mile or more. Usally very little of value above or below this line on the sanded in beaches. That being said there could be a fresh drop anywhere. One noreaster, and the whole game changes !! Good luck and happy hunting. I bet there is gold in your future at that beach !!

DIGDIG

Nov 23, 2009
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if they clean this stuff off or leave it to rot. Some beaches near Vero raked sections for the rich to lay out. The hurricanes made a mess. Now I get why this guy sold me his detector now, lol.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,I got out hunting for 5 hours at our local beach yesterday and hunted with the Excalibur 2 detector. After the 2 hurricanes this year,our beach is a real mess.We have a lot of sea weed on the dry sand,that often has trash in it.I had to dig pretty deep to get some of this junk.This consisted mostly of aluminum cans and pieces of cans.My good finds consisted of 2 quarters and 1 dime.Here is a photo of the junk.I hope that this beach improves over time.
View attachment 1512709

Looks like what I found on my first day out with my new Excal. Question to Excel experts, when you pass over a chunk of iron, the sound nulls, then comes back again after passing over, the sensitivity sound is much different. Do i need to switch the machine off and back on and reset sensitivity, or just leave it like it is?

Thx

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to switch anything, except to flip back and forth from Pin Point to Disc. You should be hunting in Pin Point and then flip to Disc to I.D. iron.

Nov 24, 2017
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Auqanaut 10"
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I went to Sea grape again this morning expecting to see pebble beach like yesterday. It was completely sanded in buried. Al the black sand was gone. I walked down to the big American flag through the difficult sand and got frustrated with my fisher 1280x going off like crazy in all the minerals. It was a frustrating day but hoping tomorrow is better. I plan on heading down to vero beach resort areas past Jacee park and trying to get some tourist gold. I have been very disappointed in my ability to find anything besides a little shark tooth.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never was impressed with the 1280x in salt water. Single frequency machines are just too noisy unless you turn them way down and lose depth. It does well in fresh water though. With that real low frequency (2.4Khz I believe) it goes pretty deep, but, I found it a noisy machine in the places I hunted. I just used it as a loaner for a while until I decided on a salt water machine to buy, so I didn't get a ton of hours on it. Passed on the 1280 and went with the Excalibur and never looked back. If you're going with a Fisher, get the CZ21. Much better machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread