What do pack for 5 straight days of nothing but Beach Detectin?

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here's a pic of my gear laid out for 5 straight days of metal detecting south FL. Last October, I swear to God, the TSA took my speedo out and never got it back in the bag! :( So I do need to pick-up a speedo. Funny thing is, they don't seem to be so popular.... :o

Excalibur 1000 with A/C charger and fittings
2-piece alum scoop
Sidekick pouch
extra nylon bolts/nuts for connection from coil to shaft
bag full of targets from pull tab to gold band for tuning, practice
dark tanning oil
dive boots
beach umbrellas (Martha Stewart)
beach towels
dive knife
dive card
plumbers putty
tri-pod
digital camera (not shown, had to take the pic)

Anything I missed? ???

Attachments

• Beach Gear.JPG
    Beach Gear.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 408
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd skip the tanning oil and get some sun block instead.

Are you going to sleep on the beach? How about food and drinks. Take a couple bottles of water with you while you search too.

Where are you going to put the car keys while you search? wallet? Wear a vehicle key around your neck on a cord and leave the keys, wallet, junk in the car. Not in your hotel room. Maybe the hotels safe if your not sleeping on the beach. If you are, what pistol are you taking? Do you speak Spanish?

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
dont foget the lockbox for all the gold, seelver and clad

ziplocks

5 gallon bucket for the pulltabs (after 5 days you should have enough to recycle for gas money to get home)

Icy-Hot for the sore muscles

get some of the blue "after sunburn" spray....just in case

hat and sunglasses

if you dont take anything else take plenty of water and maybe some snack crackers.....do not get too hot or starve yourself just to find a little treasure....cant admire/spend it from the hospital

also take all the good luck wishes from all of the T-net peeps

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sandman said:
I'd skip the tanning oil and get some sun block instead.

Are you going to sleep on the beach? How about food and drinks. Take a couple bottles of water with you while you search too.

Where are you going to put the car keys while you search? wallet? Wear a vehicle key around your neck on a cord and leave the keys, wallet, junk in the car. Not in your hotel room. Maybe the hotels safe if your not sleeping on the beach. If you are, what pistol are you taking? Do you speak Spanish?

Sand,

Thanks for the tips. 8) Guess I'm still young at heart and tend to grab the oil rather than the sunblock! I plan to detect prior to sunrise to 9a then from 4p to sunset. So I hope to avoid the burning sun. I have a plan if I do detect between 9-4, wear a long sleeve white shirt and wear a sombrero. ;D

All I drink is diet coke. I know that ain't good, but I will bring pack some bottle water in the beach bag.

My wife will be with me. She does an excellent job sittin under the umbrellas, securing keys etc.

I won't be sleeping on the beach this go around but have a nice room reserved at a Holiday Inn. :D

I don't speak spanish, but I do know the how to say, "coma se llama" Ya never know, there maybe some spanish bikini clad lady on the beach. ;)

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Marty-Graw said:
don't forget the lockbox for all the gold, seelver and clad

ziplocks

5 gallon bucket for the pulltabs (after 5 days you should have enough to recycle for gas money to get home)

Icy-Hot for the sore muscles

get some of the blue "after sunburn" spray....just in case

hat and sunglasses

if you dont take anything else take plenty of water and maybe some snack crackers.....do not get too hot or starve yourself just to find a little treasure....cant admire/spend it from the hospital

also take all the good luck wishes from all of the T-net peeps

Hey Marty, thanks for the input! ;)

If I find I need a lockbox, I'll buy a hummer with all the bells and whistles to secure the finds and drive back to MO ;)

5 gallon bucket - nay, ziplocks - yes, icy-hot - nay (I ain't that old or out of shape), after sunburn spray - yes, hat & sunglasses - yes, water - yes, snack crackers or similar - yes, don't get too hot or starve - yes.

There's a Hooters beach side in Fort Lauderdale, I'll make sure I pick-up some wings. :D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giant bottle of Ibuprofen.

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Giant bottle of Ibuprofen.

Hadn't thought about that! :o THANKS!

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
May want some DEET for the bugs. They love our northern blood, as I was a walking testament to that.

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
It's SPF 50 or die. Lots of water, Power aid, Propel, or other fitness water. First aid kit including Adolf's for the jellyfish. I am also bringing a case of wine. You guys should come over to the Condo after the hunt.

Tek

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
OH and one more thing,HAVE FUN.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
I know somebody mentioned sunglasses...make sure they are polarized sunglasses.........I think Sandman will back me in this. The polarized sunglasses make a HUGE difference.

Regarding water...I know you said you drink coke....but COSTCO sells a hydro bag that has been a great help to me....no bulky bottles to carry around. With the sun on the water, you need to keep hydrated.

Good Luck..
HH
Mel

borninok

wailinmacs

Jun 19, 2007
Boca de Ratones
Detector(s) used
excalibur
unless your diving the debris trail of the attocha and it happens to be the year nineteeneightytwo i see no reason for the speedo

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camelbak is a good addition.

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey twist, I'll watch for the bugs! :D

teklord, guess I'll die >:( I've just got dark tanning oil :( and power aid, propel, fitness water, and aid for jellies, got it! ;)

karib, have fun? ??? YOU BET! ;D

borninok, I got the polarized sun-glasses, hydro bag?, well I'll be chuggin diet cokes, maybe have beer at Hooters, Fort Lauderdale. ;D

pharez, hair dyer? I just got a haircut today! ;D

wailinmacs, the speedo? just goes back to my competitive swimmin days! :o

treasure_hunter, a camelbak? I'll stick to the diet coke and brewskis ;D

thanks for all the tips, it's time to pack and go! ;D

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
"...maybe have beer at Hooters, Fort Lauderdale."

Well, make sure when you post your finds that you include a pic of you and the Hooter girls! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good luck!
---Mel

borninok

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread