Stanley Cup ring

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I caught this article on Tampa Bay Ch 13 the other day. It was a short video story and I noticed the fellow was using an Excal. It was a positive article for the MD'ing community.

Here is the link to the original story, http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20070824/NEWS/708240550

I've cut and pasted a portion of the story below:

RETURN OF THE RING

'67 Stanley Cup championship ring found in Gulf
By CHRIS ANDERSON

[email protected]

SARASOTA -- Mark DesErmia searches for lost treasure each day with a parrot atop his shoulder, and the children on the beach always ask if he's a pirate.

He scours the Gulf of Mexico with an underwater metal detector up to 70 hours a week, and finds Rolex watches, diamond rings and enough wedding bands to increase the divorce rate. He once found a money clip holding $669. Another time, a set of teeth.

But nothing tops what the 44-year-old came across about three weeks ago: a Stanley Cup championship ring with an odd story behind it.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice story, thanks for posting it.

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey guyinback,

That was a very interesting story. ;)

Makes me wanta get out right now with the excal. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread