Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Stealth 920ix will be here tomorrow! First, a few questions.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2014
    Laconia, NH
    Currently: XP Deus v4.1 Minelab Equinox 800 Fisher Gold Bug 2 Previously: Garrett GTA 500 Garrett Ultra GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 1250
    711 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Stealth 920ix will be here tomorrow! First, a few questions.

I ordered the Stealth 920ix sand scoop with carbon fiber handle last week and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Is it really as good as I'm thinking it'll be?

Also, I'm seeing people mount handles on their scoops for ease of use and to save their backs. Any good handles that I should know about?

Also, how do you mount your handle, facing the front or facing the back? I've seen both and can't help but wonder which would be more convenient.

Thanks for your input.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2017
    Florida
    Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
    440 times
    I use a Raptor pull handle designed for sand scoops, which works beautifully for digging in wet sand/clay layers common at the east coast beaches of Florida. I'm sure there are other manufacturers of similar designs which work equally as well. Just make sure you check user reviews of the product before you decide on one - the more reviews, the better. I have the handle facing forward so I can use the back of my forearm against the length of the scoop handle for leverage to make it easier for pulling out scoops of dense or heavy/wet material. That way I use my upper body weight instead of my wrists to remove the scoops of sand. (And I dig with my non-dominant hand, so this method really works!) I hope this helps, and I wish you happy hunting!

us
    Ryan Kroll

Mar 2014
    Annapolis, Maryland
    SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
    274 times
    Metal Detecting
    They use 4 little bolts and nuts that clamp the handle
    laidback4sho likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Makro Multi Kruzer -- Notka Pinpointer -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger
    17539 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by laidback4sho View Post
    I ordered the Stealth 920ix sand scoop with carbon fiber handle last week and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Is it really as good as I'm thinking it'll be?

Also, I'm seeing people mount handles on their scoops for ease of use and to save their backs. Any good handles that I should know about?

Also, how do you mount your handle, facing the front or facing the back? I've seen both and can't help but wonder which would be more convenient.

Thanks for your input.
    How much was your set up? Congrats and good luck with it!

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    4542 times
    Old Gold, New Gold, Any Gold
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Your in New Hampshire, we expect to see some 920 gold soon. Very nice scoop too.

I have the 720, smaller..old man stuff, Love it. I hunt in the water only, put a couple donuts on the handle, with some grip tape to keep the thing from spinning when lifting and fully loaded. I have a fiber glass handle since weight is not a factor in the water and it is a little cheaper but if I hunted out of the water, I would have the carbon fiber for sure. Good Luck!!

And some one gave me that raptor thing but I found it got in the way, now this is in the water where I can be deep. On shore I'm sure its diff..
    laidback4sho likes this.

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

us
    "BIG DAVE"

Nov 2012
    Aberdeen, MD
    Fisher CZ 21, CZ 7a Pro, White's Beach Hunter 300, Stealth 920xi
    414 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Yes it will be. After 30+ years of detecting, I got the 920 and have cut my recovery time in half (at least)!
    Good luck to you!
    laidback4sho likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2014
    Laconia, NH
    Currently: XP Deus v4.1 Minelab Equinox 800 Fisher Gold Bug 2 Previously: Garrett GTA 500 Garrett Ultra GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 1250
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    How much was your set up? Congrats and good luck with it!
    Bought it from Sunspot for like 450 after shipping. It's the Dream package with carbon fiber handle. Almost embarrassed to admit I paid that much for a sand scoop, but with the awesome reputation of the Stealth, I'm fairly confident it'll be worth it. And who knows, perhaps I'll make it all back at the beach.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2014
    Laconia, NH
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DJWEHAGE View Post
    Yes it will be. After 30+ years of detecting, I got the 920 and have cut my recovery time in half (at least)!
    Good luck to you!
    Speaking of recovery time, up until now I've used an old short-handled Army folding shovel at the beach. After the first few times with that, I knew there had to be a better way.
    DJWEHAGE likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2014
    Laconia, NH
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OBN View Post
    Your in New Hampshire, we expect to see some 920 gold soon. Very nice scoop too.

I have the 720, smaller..old man stuff, Love it. I hunt in the water only, put a couple donuts on the handle, with some grip tape to keep the thing from spinning when lifting and fully loaded. I have a fiber glass handle since weight is not a factor in the water and it is a little cheaper but if I hunted out of the water, I would have the carbon fiber for sure. Good Luck!!

And some one gave me that raptor thing but I found it got in the way, now this is in the water where I can be deep. On shore I'm sure its diff..
    Well I just ordered the Raptor from Amazon. It looks like it'll fit the bill nicely. Now to make recovery REALLY easy, I need to find some poor flunkie to dig my targets for me, lol. J/K.

"Quit yer whining and get down in that hole and bring me my gold!"

us
    Mar 2012
    Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
    Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3). Detecting since 1972.
    440 times
    You will love the 920.
    WaterScoop and laidback4sho like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    4858 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I have your exact combo and love it. I also got the heavy duty lift handle from Sunspot too. I also have a 720 with a ProHandle from Home Depot. I mount mine in the back. I found that to be the best for me. Try different spots to see how you like it there. Sometimes I drag the scoop if I'm gridding, sometimes I carry it over my shoulder. The loop type handle makes it much easier to hang on to with less fatigue on my poor old fingers and wrist.
    laidback4sho likes this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    BILL

Jul 2015
    s.tier NY
    TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
    431 times
    Metal Detecting
    "quit yer whining and get down in that hole and bring me my gold.....yer gonna need a patch over one eye and a wooden leg ...and a parrot on yer shoulder....
    laidback4sho likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2014
    Laconia, NH
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cylbill View Post
    "quit yer whining and get down in that hole and bring me my gold.....yer gonna need a patch over one eye and a wooden leg ...and a parrot on yer shoulder....
    Arrrrrr, ye may be right, matey.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2014
    Laconia, NH
    711 times
    Well, it arrived and I have to say I am beyond impressed! This thing is built like a tank! And look at the size of it! What's it hold, a gallon or a gallon and a half of sand? Pretty sure one scoop with this thing and you'll have whatever it is you're after.

Absolutely cannot wait to hit the beach now!
    DJWEHAGE and Golden oaks like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Colonel

Jan 2014
    Central Florida
    CTX 3030; EQX 800; Excal II
    477 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I have one like yours also and its the best I've ever used. You'll love it I'm sure.
    laidback4sho likes this.
    ~ Preserving the Spirit of '76 ~

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links