Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Water Recovery Pouch

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden µMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3220 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Water Recovery Pouch

What’s your favorite?

Here are my observations

GARRETT CAMO POUCH
    Gets full of water and air and looks like a bag pipe while in water. Punching holes in bottom for water to drain helps but not ideal

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBBF3EFD-B6F6-4EEE-82C9-E696BAB91C54.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	1554672

All others that are open goodies float away while in water

Name:  B33F90FA-94BF-4923-89D5-5B67A81931C0.jpeg
Views: 412
Size:  32.3 KB

Only one that kinda works is this one with a mesh bottom and zipper pockets but it still seems awkward for me

Name:  31498966-17AD-43C0-9120-4F754B0B0D7B.jpeg
Views: 418
Size:  16.5 KB

What do you use for water hunting? Attach a photo so we can all see.

Cheers and thanx

‘Scoop
    Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

us
    Aug 2012
    BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
    Minelab CTX-3030 Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab Excalibur II Tesoro Sand Shark
    103 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I picked up the Whites Signature Series utility pouch at Kellyco while detecting in FL last December. So far, I am very pleased with the ample storage for water bottles, pinpointer, coin pouch and large trash container with mesh bottom. It also has a zipper pocket for security.

Name:	bag2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	1554694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bag.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	1554695

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    4870 times
    107 Gold rings, 237 Silver FTY
    Honorable Mentions (1)

John in West Florida Pouch, this vid is 2010, still have the same pouch, but did purchase a back up a few years ago. Getting old, it's a bad thing to forget so got to have a extra in the ski. I like the fact all is zippered.

Same as WW below. On ebay under JPFOTOG
    Last edited by OBN; Feb 23, 2018 at 11:11 PM.
    WaterScoop and mham2 like this.

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

us
    Jan 2007
    Cape Cod, Massachuestts
    Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Troy (X2 X5), Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Pro-Find 35
    462 times
    Over 2,000 hours in the water and still I can't find a better one. So I stopped.

Pro Beach & Water Hunting Pouch -
    This is the pouch used by many of the most successful beach and water hunters
    . Made entirely of tough corrosion proof marine grade materials, this pouch will hold up to many years of hard use in fresh or salt water. PVC coated polyester industrial mesh allows water to drain from the front "goodies" pocket into the rear trash pocket and out the bottom.

The large 11" x 10" main compartment holds your common finds such as coins and trash items. The smaller front pocket is designed to securely hold your valuable treasures. No "glint of gold" can be seen by wandering eyes! The zipper for this pocket has a pull string so that it can be differentiated from the trash pocket without needing to see it. Zippers are superior to Velcro for both ease of use and protecting your valuable finds from loss in heavy surf or while diving.

The pouch is permanently attached to a 2" wide adjustable nylon belt with a super-strong polyacetal quick-release buckle. This allows the user to zip and unzip the treasure pocket with one hand.

• Proven design
    • Made in USA
    • Perfect for water or land detecting
    • Large 11" x 10" trash pocket.
    • Secure YKK marine grade zippers.
    • Tough Ballistic Nylon and industrial mesh
    • No need to buy a separate belt
    • Fits waists up to 52 inches

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l500.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	1554703  

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    13656 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    I have a few - but do use the Garrett one and put slits in bottom and works for me - I always put a piece of lead in bottom so it does not float up or flip up in rough water - works for me
    I also use a Kellyco one - has Velcro closure which is a pain - so I bought some Velcro and put strip on both sides so it stays open
    Hoping to put them both to use in a few days - gonna do some cold water hunting hopefully
    WaterScoop likes this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Excalibur II Garrett ATP, Whites DFX, Tesoro Golden µMax, & YUP->Custom Waterscoop
    3220 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterWalker View Post
    Over 2,000 hours in the water and still I can't find a better one. So I stopped.

. Made entirely of tough corrosion proof marine grade materials, this pouch will hold up to many years of hard use in fresh or salt water. PVC coated polyester industrial mesh allows water to drain from the front "goodies" pocket into the rear trash pocket and out the bottom.

The large 11" x 10" main compartment holds your common finds such as coins and trash items. The smaller front pocket is designed to securely hold your valuable treasures. No "glint of gold" can be seen by wandering eyes! The zipper for this pocket has a pull string so that it can be differentiated from the trash pocket without needing to see it. Zippers are superior to Velcro for both ease of use and protecting your valuable finds from loss in heavy surf or while diving.

The pouch is permanently attached to a 2" wide adjustable nylon belt with a super-strong polyacetal quick-release buckle. This allows the user to zip and unzip the treasure pocket with one hand.

• Proven design
    • Made in USA

Who sells this WaterWalker?

Thanx buddy

‘Scoop

Charter Member
    us
    Low & Slow 2C Below

Sep 2017
    SW Washington
    3220 times
    I think I found it. Looks like the seller has two belt sizes 1 1/2” and 2”

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mesh-Treasu...8AAOxyZw5RbYuQ

Thank you gentlemen

Name:  2919A1DE-9086-4A60-982C-7DD7C0028AF1.gif
Views: 450
Size:  849.7 KB
    mham2 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2012
    S.E. Michigan.
    Minelab CTX 3030...Garrett AT Pro... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle Samson digging tools
    2097 times
    Metal Detecting
    https://www.kellycodetectors.com/cat...ket-mesh-pouch I use this one Waterscoop all mesh.........no sand! Plenty of pouches with zippers
    1844 Canadian Half Cent ... (2) 1859 Canadian Large Cent... 1873 Three Cent Nickle... 2- 1864 U.S. 2 Cent Piece... 1858 Seated Half Dime... 1875 Seated Half Dollar... 1863 Fatty IH ... Civil War Eagle I button ... Frisbie's Civil War Store Token

us
    Oct 2009
    7158 times

• Proven design
    • Made in USA

I've been using this same model for almost 20 years. It's an awesome pouch.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5869 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)

• Proven design
    • Made in USA

I have this one and the Kellyco one. Both have their plusses and minuses. The only real knock I have on this one is that it doesn't sift all that well with our course beach sand here in SoCal. With the fine sugar sand you have in Florida, it works ok though. The Kellyco one sifts good, but, as mentioned, the velcro can be a pain sometimes. It's a bit smaller too, so, if you haul out crusty aluminum cans from the surf like I do, you need all the room you can find. I also like the fact that this one has the stitched in belt, so, it doesn't accidentally slide out of the pouch while handling it, putting it on, or taking it off. The Kellyco one is half the price (and sometimes free with a purchase ), but, I've worn two of them out, whereas, I'm still on my first one of these. It's getting a bit worn in the corners however, so, I guess I should order a backup soon.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Jan 2007
    Cape Cod, Massachuestts
    Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Troy (X2 X5), Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Pro-Find 35
    462 times
    That's the one (on eBay). I bought the 2" belt because my detecting partner has the 1 1/2" belt. Now its easy to tell which one is mine.
    WaterScoop likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab CTX 3030 Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch Tesoro Sand shark Whites prizim 4 Minelab Go 20 Stealth Extreme 920I Sand S
    1450 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    This pouch is by far the pouch out there on the market. This pouch is rugged and will last forever.

its on Ebay for 34.95 well worth the money.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mesh-Finds-...0AAMXQ01tRR61r

Name:	IMG_0420 (1).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	1555636
    Last edited by slider66; Feb 25, 2018 at 01:28 PM.
    WaterScoop likes this.
    If you don't look for it you won't find it!! So get out there and dig it.

us
    Dec 2015
    Raymond, Ne
    Fisher F2, BH Tracker 4, XP Deus, (CTX 3030 sold due to elbow pain)
    36 times
    Metal Detecting
    I just us an old fanny pack, it has two zippered compartments, one for trash and the other for treasure, and both have small grommets on the bottoms to drain water. I leave the trash side partially unzipped for ease of use. I have another fanny pack with a big quick release and wide belt that I wear with the bag behind me with a couple of homemade lead ingots for weight. I always position the quick release just to the front of my right hip for quick access. I'm cheap i guess.
    pat-tekker-cat likes this.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    De Tampe Bahia - La Florida
    JW 8X - ML X2
    29855 times
    I am working on a new 3 zip pouch for $99.99...

But for anyone I will make for half price for a limited time.

Reason for this amazing deal is... "just because its you"

:P

Here is a sneak peak of it before assembly... of the high grade material...

Name:	IMG_1404.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	1555995
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - AKA -" TNet Under Ground " http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...l-welcome.html

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6449 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Cheap Walmart fanny pack.
    They used to be $5.99, I pick up a few, when they're in stock at the "tourist" Walmart.
    Not all have the same stock, so I have to check a couple of different stores.
    Last time I looked, I think they went up a dollar or so, plus, they had some that were a little more heavy duty material, with a Marlins logo or some other team, nah.... I don't go for that, I like simple.

Hahaha, I also incorporate AARCs' method of multiple freezer ziplocs to keep keys etc dry....
    Oddly, these cheap little fanny packs, seems to last a really long time, too....

Name:	400x225-2.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	1555997
    AARC and RustyGold like this.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links