Ohio and Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
After 12 hrs in the surf getting battered by 3 ft breakers over 3 days and finding about 1 coin/hour, I couldn't take it anymore and surrendered to the dry sand to just dig some easy targets for a "change". And change there was; I dug 21 coins/hr on the beach for 3 hours and it brought blood returning to my extremities, that water was cold.

As I headed towards the car feeling more relaxed, I hit upon this interesting bracelet along the blanket line. Made of marble-type beads, the clasp has a "B" followed by a left-hand making a two-fingered Peace sign. Opposite the clasp is a 3/4" Hammer-head shark.

Stone Bracelet 033018.jpg

Right at the exit, about 3 ft from blacktop, I hit a dime signal at 12:45 on the CTX 3030 and while shaking that one out of my scoop got another good sounding signal to my left (I'm ambidextrous) and when I retrieved that target I was really surprised to find GOLD in the scoop. I looked around for relatives, but none were found.

Smallest Gold Band 033018.jpg

The band is the smallest on record; it has a width of 1/16" and weighs just 0.58g. At one time the small band had something soldered to the top, which apparently had broken-off (loop for a Charm bracelet?), leaving a residue of solder which I filed off. The real interesting thing about the band, however, is that it rings-in at 12:16 on the CTX; that is a Pull-tab with > 99% probability (my statistics). When I was recovering the band, I didn't pay attention to the display because I was still shaking-out a good target in my scoop and looking to confirm that it was a dime. Had I, instead, looked at the display revealing just one more pull-tab at 12:15-16, I would not have recovered it given that I was really done for the day. Just one more instance of the ole saying; while at the Beach, dig everything, you never know.

I'd like to hear if anyone has found a lighter gold band for a normal wedding finger in recent history. Last year I found a 1.22g gold band with channel diamonds and I thought that band was light. The one found today is less than half the weight of last year's, not that I'm complaining. Happy hunting.

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOUR NOT EVEN CLOSE - smallest gold ring I found would've fit on a Bic pen cap - was told it was a "baby ring" for a new born
I don't even think it registered on a scale

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the gold though :icon_thumright:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Casper, I've found some baby/toe rings that are smaller and lighter. I don't pass up any 12-16's on the beach.....or 12-anythings for that matter.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Finding gold any day is Good!!

Excalibur........... baby ring I guess, 10k .5 grams was my smallest seems.

20170802_141338.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. Gotta love that dry sand.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
I've found a few lighter bands, but didn't contribute because for comps we need adult wedding bands for comparison, not kid/baby rings. I didn't have any adult wedding bands that small.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Gold is gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread