South Miami Beach 8.29.07

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
After arriving in Miami at midnight the night before, the ol rack felt pretty good! :D So I missed the sunrise on the beach. :-[

I soon discovered the beach was just too hot for me from mid morning to late afternoon! :o

So the wife got some exercise in. :D

I left the camera battery at the hotel room so for the day, I don't have beach pics to post. :(

I detected south Miami beach (5th street) from about 5p to sunset. Being the first real test drive of the excal 1000, I tried different settings for sensitivity and disc. Finds were sparse, nothing to write home about but saw alot of skin..... ;D

Attachments

• On the Machine 8.29.7.JPG
    On the Machine 8.29.7.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 377
  • South Miami Beach 5th Street 8.29.7.JPG
    South Miami Beach 5th Street 8.29.7.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 374
Upvote 0

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
looks like the same stuff i found here in Daytona all week, haha,,, rjnail

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
diggummup said:
No skin pics? I know, I know you left the camera. ;D Did you detect the water or the dry?

All the skin pics are recorded in my head! :o

I found the beach to be full of trash. I found so many bottle caps that I learned to recognized it's signal.

I detected in the water but didn't find anything significant. This session was the low point of the trip. :(

Target values increased exponentally as one will see. :D

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Well some days are like that. Yesterday I spent 5 hours in the water (an area where I found 6 gold rings last week) and all I came out with was $2.93, 1 silver ring and a chumpy gold plated copper bracelet, many bottle tops and pull tabs and the base of a light bulb that was 1/2 way to China! :)

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
i'm planning on hitting south beach this weekend. i live 20 minutes from there and have a tiger shark on its way. just curious if you went in or just did the shallow area where the waves break?

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
re-tek said:
i'm planning on hitting south beach this weekend. i live 20 minutes from there and have a tiger shark on its way. just curious if you went in or just did the shallow area where the waves break?

tek,

The day I was there, late afternoon, the water was choppy, waves rolling in so I stayed knee deep. :o

Saturday, September 1, I was on south miami beach (15th street) at 6:30a, just prior to sunrise, the water was as smooth as glass. ;) That morning I was detectin in the water up to my chest. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread