tiger shark on its way, cobra chinese detector going back

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
my tesoro tiger shark is on its way. never seen one before so i bought it purely based on the reviews you guys wrote up here and on sandmans recomendations. i bought it through tcdetectors. tony seems like a real nice guy to deal with.

i read up on tesoro's history and felt a whole lot better about my purchase. nice to see a mom and pop operation make it like they have.

the cobra i bought is on its way back. came DOA. wouldnt detect a fridge door at 1 inch! i'm glad it did come DOA since i would have later realized what bad deal that would have been. i have yet to be impressed with anything that says "made in china".

cant wait to hit the water this weekend with the tiger shark!

Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: tiger shark on its way, viper chinese detector going back

Great choice. I started out in the spring with a new XLT, but soon discovered I really wanted to water hunt too. Bought a Beachhunter ID, hated it, returned it and bought the tiger shark. Its easy to use, well balanced and loves to find gold. It also works great on land and now I use it most of the time for land hunting. Doesn't have the bells and whistles of the XLT, but they aren't needed.

It will take you some time to get used to the sqeeks and squaks, but soon you'll be able to tell a a bobbypin or a piece of foil by its telltail squak. And it will definitely let you know if you find something good. You're going to love it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't be sorry in the Tiger Shark. Hopefully Tesoro will bring back the Clean Sweep coil for the Tiger Shark again. I am lucky to still have mine and let me tell you it is great for covering lots of beach or water fast to beat the other hunters to the goodies. It isn't as deep as the stock coil and gets about 7 inches but covers 18 inches per sweep.

Perhaps Tesoro would send me a new detector, but I doubt it as this info is all free to friends.

When the new detector arrives, don't try to get more depth out of it by turning up the Sensitivity. Volume if You need it and adjust Threshold to your ears, but leave the sensitivity alone. It is already set to high where you will find gold chains. By doing this, be warned that it can also find birdshot and small split shot.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 426

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Excal must be broke, it never finds bobbypins... ;D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
you made a much better choice! congrats!

SilverDog

Nov 9, 2007
Cresent City, FL
Detector(s) used
White BeachHunter ID/MineLab Excal 1000
Re Tek I also just took back a Cobra, junkie aren't they. I used it 2 hours and that was enough.

David

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Excal must be broke, it never finds bobbypins...

You crack me up!!! :D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
re-tek said:
i have yet to be impressed with anything that says "made in china".

I don't know about that, I dated a couple Chinese ladies when I was younger, and I was HIGHLY impressed. ;D ;D ;)

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i to have just gotten a new tiger shark and plan on a three day weekend with it starting tomorrow - have 10.5" coil coming friday as well, it came with the 8"

i used it sat and sun in the salt enviroment and up to waist deep, it worked great with the coil submerged, but did false some right at the waters edge and damp zone.

it is not an excalibur by any stretch of ones imagination, but i kinda like it, was going to sell it monday and tues, but had a change of heart. i gave it a repreive for a spell so to speak.

more later

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Now you're cooking! It's always best to stay with a proven detector and a brand that can be trusted. Happy Hunting

Desertfox

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
MADE IN AMERICA...

should seal the deal!

hh steve

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
made in va beach today

i have made 2 of these in the past, both for excaliburs, so i figured i would try again and see how the tiger did on one.........................

like the past, it worked ok - i just do not like this type of set up - back to chest mount for sunday

Attachments

• STRAIGHT 3.jpg
    STRAIGHT 3.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 225
  • STRAIGHT SM.jpg
    STRAIGHT SM.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 228

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread