2 ct Diamond Solitaire Found ... If Wishes were Horses...

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hit the surf for 8 hrs and it was within the first 1/2 hr that I found a junk ring that was missing one of two stones; not even worth showing. But a ring is a ring and I took it for a sign of a good day ahead. Then, about 2 hrs into my hunt, I got a stable 12:10 on my CTX 3030; hopeful numbers for me and I started to dig. After my third attempt, I looked into my scoop and saw this BEAUTY -

2 ct solitaire almost.jpg

HOLLY S***!!! A TWO CARAT DIAMOND SOLITAIRE!!! I said to myself. What a beauty. And I briefly looked inside the band and thought I saw 14k. The real deal. [I never look at my finds for long while detecting.] It was only when I got back to the car for lunch 3 hrs later did I examine the ring and my bubble burst; no markings and the stone looked too good to be real. But I held out hope that the ring was simply not marked or that the marks, if any, had worn off. It could be very high quality and color, could be. Once I got back to the condo I got my diamond tester and it confirmed that the diamond wasn't a diamond. But, maybe, the diamond tester wasn't working properly...its possible. So I retrieved one of my wife's diamond rings, that she had confiscated from me earlier, and tested it - it was good. The last nail driven in the coffin of hope. This Beggar wouldn't ride...

In addition to the ring, I found this set of dentures or Grillz in 4 ft of water. This is the second set I found this month and my first (and second) ever. The first was high caret gold, possible 20k. The current set look more like very low grade gold, if gold at all. They have the appearance of being made in a third World country (with tabs in the back?); very low quality or very limited means. Wondering if they make dentures out of something other than gold?

Dentures and Medal.jpg

My last find worth mentioning is a pair of Versace sunglasses. They're large, heavy and wife says ugly, but they have "Versace" written all over them, even on the nose pieces. Unfortunately, they took a few direct hits from my scoop. I "fixed" them the best I could, and saw online they could be worth big bucks (>$200) in even "used" condition, although I couldn't find the exact type online. More research.

Varsace Sunglasses.jpg

Happy Hunting

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
They make that stuff so real looking now days and the fact we are old and can't see sure makes for having some good Nitro pills.
Good Luck next trip out, you just never know, the next could be...:diamond-earrings:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ahhhhhh man! But the joy of finding it at that moment made it all worth it... at the moment hah

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some nice finds for sure...but that ring! What beauty...:occasion14:

lane620

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old thread but the grill I found was brass☹

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread