Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Heavy duty sand scoop suggestions?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2007
    18 times
    This, I believe is the T-Rex but there's no markings on it I can find and really cannot remember. I looked at so many that were so similar. The collapsible handle I purchased from Amazon by a company called Inteletool that markets to forest fire fighters and off road enthusiasts. They make an interesting assortment of tools. I got the cheapest shovel I could find and removed the spade part. The handle insert is machined aluminum and I had to drill the rivets out to remove the OEM full sized spade. On a recent trip to the beach I gave it a good work out (as much as I could, it was not a target rich environment even not a lot of trash...) Despite the ability to extend to a full size handle, I discovered it does most jobs collapsed. I apply a slow steady force when digging in the wat sand and water. I've been know to get carried away and accidentally snap a healthy hickory handle in the garden so I try to take it slow. It's still bulky and a little heavy but does what it was designed for rather well. It just needs experience digging rings, nuggets, and rare coins.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scoop collapsed.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	352.0 KB 
ID:	1640496Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scoop extended.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	317.9 KB 
ID:	1640497
    RustyGold and JamesR1964 like this.

RTR
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20
    7123 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Make one(stainless) for a fraction of the cost
    >> https://www.webstaurantstore.com/2-7.../407SSC27.html
    delnorter likes this.

Aug 2015
    4 times
    Thanks chuck on the warrantied scoop I just received back. Great customer care spend little more money and have something last. I sent it in and got it back in less than a week.

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" Butterfly coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil Whites (1970s)
    1085 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by OBN View Post
    Yes, 720i (20 degrees angle tilt back)
    with the lifetime warranty. I dig in clay, rocks, mud, clam shells, and deep sand. ..A Lot..

I can say it has been the best for cutting thru clam shells. Every other I have used had a issue with clay..every scoop cut thru and did good in the clay but if you ever hunted it before you will know it sticks to the scoop, what a pain in the azz, you have to spin the scoop around and dig it out with your foot. But NOT the 720i rarely does it stick, a big time saver. Expensive at 220. but well worth every penny, and to know if it breaks you pay shipping to and it gets fixed for free and done right, then shipped back free.

If your a partime hunter, or vacation hunter buy cheaper. But if you hunt several days a week, why take a chance.
    Earlier this year (2018) I tested the guarantee to replace, free, a broken Stealth 720i(x) scoop and true to their word, it couldn't be fixed and they sent a new scoop. I also upgraded to the carbon fiber handle after going thru 4 other handles in a year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180715_085759.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	1652243
    Stealth 720i(x) scoop with 3 weld breaks following 1 yr of digging in rocks and dense wet sand (by a Maniac). I kept going all long as I could MDing, knowing that my season was fast coming to an end.
    RustyGold likes this.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

Apr 2015
    Cleveland OH
    Minelab Equinox 600
    94 times
    Just had my new ScooPal scoop on Ft Myers beach this morning. Bought it from Amazon. It's my 1st sand scoop so I don't have anything to compare it to but it performed very well in wet and dry sand.
    RustyGold likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links