Minelab Go Find 66 - anyone? - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Minelab Go Find 66 - anyone?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2019
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi all, this is my first post on this forum :-)
    After using a friend's SDC2300 out in the goldfields area (havent found any gold yet unfortunately need to put in more time).. i decided to get my 5yo a go-find66.
    Read the reviews about the 22,44 being flimsy, 66 more sturdy better software etc so decided on this one. Was pleasantly surprised with it, easy to use, pinpoint feature is pretty accurate also and has been great to use considering its so light at just over 1kg! Cant say much about the battery life but i've taken it out twice over a few days probably for an hour or more and the battery indicator still showing full.
    Happy with the purchase for now, if the little man keeps up his detecting, i might cave in and get myself a more professional detector and get the day trips happening!

Today's find - a 50yr old vintage padlock from an area that used to be an old mental asylm (he was super excited with his first real treasure find).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2471.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	588.5 KB 
ID:	1744888

us
    John

Dec 2018
    Fl.
    Garrett
    104 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Report on my GoFind66. First let me say that it is a great design for packing and portability. Durability zero. Im am excellent at keeping my gear, vehicles you name it in pristine condition so this was never abused. It failed the 2nd time out. Worked great while it lasted. Keep away from any kind of moisture, the head unit is completely open at the base where the shaft connects so water can get into the head very very easily. KellyCo and Minelab were fantastic with there customer service. Exchanged it for a AT Pro, great machine but I am right back where I started with the breakdown /packability issue. The head unit and pole assy is about 2 too long to fit in a reasonable size pelican type case. Any suggestions on a case would be helpful. I could cut the shaft shorter with a pipe cutter but that will probably void the warranty. The shaft/head assy looks like ass sticking out out my backpack, nice lightning rod while hiking.
    Last edited by Flipperfla; Aug 21, 2019 at 07:46 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links