sign, fantasy or wishful thinking?

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was cooking a meal for my Mama and this last hoecake come out in such a way I believe it's a sign I need to go dirt fishing at the earliest opportunity in the water. What do y'all think?
miscellaneous photos 004 (Custom).jpg miscellaneous photos 005 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clearly a sign from above!!!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
It look like a flounder.Flounders are bottom feeders,make sure you don't end up at the bottom of someplace you would rather not be.:laughing7:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
It look like a flounder.Flounders are bottom feeders,make sure you don't end up at the bottom of someplace you would rather not be.:laughing7:

Flounders are predators, they hide on the bottom and ambush their prey. Carp are bottom feeders... but I digress... Yes, indeed you should go water hunting, soon and for several hours, according to the sign I see!

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoecake is plain corn meal, water and salt. Best bread in the world and goes with any meal. Maybe some flounder, hoecake and onions, but I prefer mullet fried nice and crispy. Going to try and get wet next week.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that is a for sure sign, I would do another and see if it comes out in the shape of a gold coin!!

Hoecake is plain corn meal, water and salt. Best bread in the world and goes with any meal. Maybe some flounder, hoecake and onions, but I prefer mullet fried nice and crispy. Going to try and get wet next week.

Sounds similar to corn bread other then you use buttermilk, a little flour ..then baked or fried in bacon grease... there's a heart attack ready to happen..

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoecake got it's name from southern soldiers and probably northern soldiers as well cooking a little corn bread on their hoe during the civil war. When you are cold and hungry, something simple like this goes a long way to filling your belly. OBN, maybe I will find a gold coin in a bag of cornmeal? Settlers found gold nuggets in a bag of peas one time and traced it down to the land it came from.
I use virgin coconut oil in my pones and buttermilk, but no flour. Tastes better than cake and is healthy eating. The doctors say if it tastes good, spit it out. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread