flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went water hunting yesterday, showed up a little late to see another guy hunting in the water. No big deal, he's beat us to it, we over slept. I elect not to bother him with useless chit chat, but when he gets out he begins lecturing my buddy about how he covered every single inch of bottom, found a ring, etc, and that nobody can search as well as he does, he finds everything, and we aren't going to find anything now blah blah blah.

Ok, so you know what this means.

I make sure I am in the water literally right in the middle of where he has "cleaned it out" about waist deep and within 30 seconds I dig a black, very old quarter. I move a little and dig another. Then I dig two pieces of junk jewelry followed by a 14k gold earring. I am literally placing items in my pouch and giggling to myself AS he's still going on to my buddy about how well he cleaned it out. No I didn't find a ring, but I did have missed gold in my pouch.

I make it a point to never claim to be the guy who found everything there is to find. He was using an Excal and I was using an Equinox so he had me in depth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

H2oHunter

May 4, 2012
Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Garett, Fisher, Troy Whtes.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went water hunting yesterday, showed up a little late to see another guy hunting in the water. No big deal, he's beat us to it, we over slept. I elect not to bother him with useless chit chat, but when he gets out he begins lecturing my buddy about how he covered every single inch of bottom, found a ring, etc, and that nobody can search as well as he does, he finds everything, and we aren't going to find anything now blah blah blah.

Ok, so you know what this means.

I make sure I am in the water literally right in the middle of where he has "cleaned it out" about waist deep and within 30 seconds I dig a black, very old quarter. I move a little and dig another. Then I dig two pieces of junk jewelry followed by a 14k gold earring. I am literally placing items in my pouch and giggling to myself AS he's still going on to my buddy about how well he cleaned it out. No I didn't find a ring, but I did have missed gold in my pouch.

I make it a point to never claim to be the guy who found everything there is to find.

WTG Good for you.
I love wen the so called Experts fall Flat on their Face.
Due to the big mouth lol
WTG keep it up

cladpirate

Apr 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think having someone there before you does decrease the find count some, but yes, they can still miss things.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Image the number of people who have goodies behind all of us

Digger_O'Dell

May 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a saying about "never hunted out" which is usually true. But I've found that those blowhards who claim to be "expert detectorists" are in reality usually the worst detectorists. I've followed behind folks that I knew were actually good just to prove the point nobody gets everything. One guy recently at a beach walked by and I literally found a gold ring right between his footsteps in the sand.
I'm thinking your blowhard was just trying to intimidate other detectorists away from "his" area. So I just had to laugh about your pocketing finds as he's going on about nothing left to find!

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a saying about "never hunted out" which is usually true. But I've found that those blowhards who claim to be "expert detectorists" are in reality usually the worst detectorists. I've followed behind folks that I knew were actually good just to prove the point nobody gets everything. One guy recently at a beach walked by and I literally found a gold ring right between his footsteps in the sand.
I'm thinking your blowhard was just trying to intimidate other detectorists away from "his" area. So I just had to laugh about your pocketing finds as he's going on about nothing left to find!

Hah yeah. I had a guy detect right through my line one time. I was doing about a 20ft wide zig zag, and he was going in a perfectly straight line down what he imagined was the swim line. I just nodded, said hello, and he ignored me, frowned, and went on his way as I followed. I ended up digging 4 or 5 rings right behind him... within shouting distance, just 5 ft outside his sweep on each side. I was grinning the whole time as he looked back now and then to see me shaking my scoop, yet he never did change his pattern. All silver, but it was a pleasure to dig every one.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
His batteries may have been a little weak from the detector standing in the closet for a year.:laughing7:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I’ve learned over the years that nobody gets it all. Especially from reading up on and following the methods of the great Gary Drayton, I’ve learned how to find more and be more productive in my searches. Slow and low will get you more. This one time I just got to the beach and this lady came up to me and said I won’t find a thing cause her husband was here yesterday and he never misses anything and I’m waisting my time..I told her..”well,..nobody gets it all” within ten minutes of talking to her I got a nice signal and scooped up a 10k religious medallion.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typical verbage from a guy who was trying to discourage you from hunting in his Honey Hole. Whenever somebody starts running that line on me I'm like a nail to a magnet on that site, and it always pays off. Congrats & GL & HH!!

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i use to carry a old sliver dollar in my pocket just for times like this,yep i just found this over there.guess you missed it.
brad

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY...Ive never said I cleaned a place out
I have said that I have hit places that was told were
keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
impossible to cover every inch, hence why I still detect

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not beach or water but...I have a real blowhard with a Deus in my area whom I've run into several times in a few different towns. He's always telling me to not waste my my time hunting areas he's already hit cuz he's "gotten every last crumb". This is my take from one of his "last crumb" spots last year.
IMAG5102.jpg
😂

Last edited:

Digger_O'Dell

May 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's too funny! You should show him that photo next time you run into him!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread