Old gold ring

jmartins413

Jan 1, 2018
Chicopee MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this 14k gold ring down in Rhode Island this past weekend. I brought it to a couple of jewelry stores and they both confirmed that all 9 diamonds are real. One jewelry store said it looks vintage, maybe 1940s. The other store said it could be as old as the 1880s.

I just wanted to know if anyone here has any idea about how old this ring may be and what style it is.

Screenshot_20180716-223904.png

Any information is helpful!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jmartins413

jmartins413

Jan 1, 2018
Chicopee MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....are you having it appraised?
A local jewelry store measured the stones, said the big one is about .4 carats and all the other stones add up to about .25 carats so the whole ring has about .65 carats worth of diamonds. That same store offered to buy it for $400 USD but didn't give an appraisal.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Stunning ring....don't assume because it is old that it is more valuable. The value is in the gold and diamonds. Congrats!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets not leave out the beauty....... things sell high simply because they want it too. Looks like a cross. Joe..... that law didnt apply to foreign countries.... we still get unmarked jewelry from there. Great condition too. That one.... id have to have appraised..... you might get more info as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions