Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went out towards Cape Cod for a few hunts - hooked up for a bit with 1KBlueTuber on sunday at
an old spot we both knew about - we weren't getting much I had a sil.wash. and not much else. Then he said
he got a caked Barber half in spot he was in - said it looked like some sand had moved in a small area
- I was out deeper than him and then I got a walking lib. half. Not far away I got an old divng watch then another walker.
I ended up getting an old oar lock out at my limits and as I headed in got a merc. He got a few more coins including a sil.wash. and a buffalo
I hit a small spot before sun set and got a bunch of thin coins - clads that been shifting on the bottom for yrs - you could almost shave
with them - got some fishing tackle and a tiny sil.band but nothing special. Could not decide on where to go on Mon. morn am low. Should I go for old
stuff - go for new stuff or both. I decided to go to a beach that a few years ago hit at sunrise and got a platinum ring, 3 golds and some silver
one morning. I have gotten some silver coins and crusted silver jewelry before here but I would be mainly searching for fresh drops. Got in
early and had whole place to myself - water was like glass and viz was pretty good. Started to hunt the shallows first and hope to pick up
some freshly dropped items - place was clean from ankles to waist all I found was can tops and bottoms some sperm count threw back.
Theres a guy out there that digs them up from down deep and then throws them back over his shoulder - confronted him years ago
and he said "they don't fit in my pouch" - so when ever I come across them on top - I know place has been hit by him recently.
So the tide was a Negative and I went way out and that is where large percentage of the sinkers and lures I found came from. I would
rather dig them than trash - they do have some value. I probably found a minimum of $20 worth of tackle. Well I picked the
wrong spot - had I known the tide and water conditions were going to be that good - I had other spots I should have gone for the
oldies instead. I figured that I could go to one of them for the PM low - Not! - conditions turned to crap
Went to a tiny beach on Mon. pM - water was rough - visability low and winds were high
first signal was a fresh drop silver ring and I thought "Oh yea!...this could be good" - Not
hunted all over after that target with nothing to show but a few crusted zincs others probably discrim. - place was cleaned out by locals.
Went to a spot on Tues. am tide that I have gotten finds from the 1700s on up. I got in and hit in the shallows and was getting nothing.
Headed out with the tide and still not much to show. Then I went way out - it was foggy and at times I lost sight of the land and
did not know if I was heading in or farther out. I ended up out over 150+ yrds from shore - in the past I have found silver coins
and old gold out there - other hunters wont go out that far usually. I ended up hitting an old pewter coat button. Not to far I
got another. Not to far away I got a musket ball - then another. Then got a small bronze square boat nail. I got a few older thin coins
but nothing else to write home about. Pics are combined from all spots

. . . .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh - the bent up copper colored sunglasses - those were thrown back on top also - I got a blast and looked down I was in waist deep water and
they looked like they were hit by a scoop - ahole threw those back too

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's a lot of scooping! Love finding the old silver!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow, old digger stole my thunder. Congrats on the finds.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good work Mr Casper!! Love the Big Silvers!!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work Mr Casper!! Love the Big Silvers!!
That's how they came out - other than rubbing with other finds in my pouch - 1KBlueTuber (Ron)
found his maybe 5 yards from me and his was caked like an oreo :dontknow:
I found 2 Barber there last year - one came up thin and you could read and other was like 10 ft away = caked :tongue3:

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Good to meet up with you again. We’ll hit a couple of those spots we talked about before the chill sets in and like you said there’s more deep gold at oar lock beach

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You have a very busy hunt with some nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

golfpro

Greenie
Mar 18, 2009
California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett 2500
Hello from California,

Sorry Casper-2!! I realize I should start my own post. Just wanted to make it easy for people to refer to the photos from your post. July 1, 2019 a law in California will be enforced. Nonlead ammunition will be required when taking any wildlife with a firearm. In photo #5 of your post I counted somewhere around 112 oz. of LEAD fishing weights. In photo #8 you post a picture that represents the lead ammo found from your hunt. Maybe 6 or 7 oz. I have noticed from other posts that the ratio of lead fishing weights to lead ammo are consistent with your hunt. Why doesn't the California Department of Fish and Game outlaw lead fishing weights if they are so worried about the environment?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread