In case you all haven't heard, R.I.P. MUMSZIE Who didn't Love Wanda?

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Are old friend and hard core, persistant water hunting friend Wanda DeVary AKA MUMSZIE, passed away Aug. 15th. She will be greatly missed by me, and I'm sure by many of you also. RIH. I posted here as all of us water hunters knew her here.

DEVARY, Wanda Castor[FONT=&quot], age 76, of Spring Hill, FL died Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at her home. She was born in Rantoul, IL and came to the area 11 years ago. She was a micrographic technician with SWIFTMUD and an avid metal detectorist. She was preceded in death by husband: Leslie; daughter: Andrea Walcot; grandson: Robert Lietz; she is survived by her son and daughter-in-law: Leslie Jr. and Kimberly DeVary of Brooksville, FL; daughters and sons-in-law: Della and James Etters of Hernando, FL; Debra and Brady Cline of Texas; sister: Sue Ellen Herbig of Lincoln, NE; 13 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ARRANGEMENTS BY[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MERRITT FUNERAL HOME[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SPRING HILL, FLORIDA[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](352) 686-6649[/FONT]

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
So Sorry to hear, always had a great story to tell...truly missed the last few years ....May she rest in peace...:skullflag:

OBN0368.jpg

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met her a few times here on the west coast, very nice lady and may she rest in peace.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met Mumszie 4 or 5 times at the Great Southern Shootout at Daytona Beach, couldn't meet a nicer lady. May she rest in peace.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hells bells -- I helped mumzie learn to use her metal detector for beach and water hunting a good bit ago ...damn shame

her "pirates of treasure net" video is a must see

Last edited:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. Just recently I was thinking I had not seen her posting. RIP Mumszie

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R.i.p. Mumszie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread