Rare Sunday hunt nets plenty of clad

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Wife's car was going in for repairs on Monday(my normal hunting day) and she was taking my car to work. So, being the great wife she is, she told me I could hunt on Sunday, so I could get MDing fix for the week. I get cranky when I don't get out at least once a week, it ain't pretty >:( Got to the beach just after sun up. I worked the waterline from where I was parked to where the biggest concentration of people were. Didn't find much during that time. I got into the water and that all changed. Despite there being plenty of other water hunters around,(I counted 6) I was pretty pleased with my results. 17 quarters, 11 dimes, 2 nickels and 17 pennies. I was hoping the large hoop earring was going to be my first silver or white gold find. Alas, the rust killed that. If I would've known how much fun this water hunting was I would've done a long time ago. I'm having a lot of fun. Take care. HH Bill

Attachments

• 9-17 finds.jpg
    9-17 finds.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to laugh when I read in your post about getting cranky if you don't get out at least once a week to detect. I know exactly what you mean and how you feel! You sure did better than I did this morning on our beach! I just posted my morning hunt. I just hit the dry sand for now until I get a better unit for the wet stuff. But I sure am having a ball!!

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
Looks like you are enjoying beach hunting! Nice amount of clad there...keep it up!
Thanks Gypsy, I'm really looking forward to my first keeper piece of jewelry recovered from the water. HH Bill

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SeabeeRon said:
Had to laugh when I read in your post about getting cranky if you don't get out at least once a week to detect. I know exactly what you mean and how you feel! You sure did better than I did this morning on our beach! I just posted my morning hunt. I just hit the dry sand for now until I get a better unit for the wet stuff. But I sure am having a ball!!
Thanks Ron. I gotta get out at least once a week if not more. I can't stand the fact that there's stuff out there to find and I'm not finding it. I've been enjoying the dry sand for the past 7 1/2 years but always wondered what were the finds like in the water. BTW You did just fine on your hunt. $3.03 in the morning, nothing wrong with that. The only reason I did better than you was I was in the water most of the day! HH Bill

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. I really enjoyed the day and the finds weren't half bad either ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread