DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been a Fisher Lab customer for over 30 years. That ends today. I owned a CZ20 since 2000. A year ago, the pinpoint button went up. They converted it to a CZ21 and informed me that my Lifetime warranty would remain. Two weeks ago, I snapped a coil tab in the ocean. I spoke to Felix who said it wouldn't be covered by the warranty and sent me over to the technical department. They told me it would be covered and to send the unit in. I informed them that I changed out the headphone covers for a more comfortable, more sound proof set. They said that as long as I didn't modify the electronics, I would be OK. I spoke with Felix today and he informed me that they were going to charge me $357 to fix the coil, the headphones, and the battery door (for some reason). He also informed me that my warranty is now void because I changed the headphone housing. I pleaded my case with no avail. I've dealt with Felix in the past and have always gotten a fair shake. This time, not so much. His attitude was like he couldn't have cared less. Gave me no options at all. I told him to send me the unit back and that they've certainly lost a customer. I still have the original headphone housing and could have put them back on. I guess that's my fault. I just wanted to warn people that ANY mod to your detector will likely void the warranty. It seemed like he got enjoyment in conveying the message. On a good note, I did find this 10k ring (#34 year to date) in VA Beach Sunday with my back-up CZ20 I just bought from Mr. Scott. Thank you, sir!

0C48DF80-5EEF-4FD6-AC5B-D7957DFBF750.jpeg

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hence why i reckon Minelab would most likely not cover the Equinox when people take it apart to fit custom shafts.

Even if the Equinox developed a fault which had nothing to do with the shaft.

Matt.

Matt..... unless you damaged the O ring to the battery ML wouldnt have a problem with you changing shafts. Changing shafts is a simple EXPECTED procedure. Unless you run over the Nox..... ML has been pretty much fixing them all.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I got out of Fisher when they started wanting to convert them to 21s.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive had Garrett replace ny coil and headphones free 2 years after warranty expired. Sorry that happened to you.. Nice ring also

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a CZ20 that went into Felix twice for repairs...I am kinda hard on my detectors. The first repair (maybe 5 years ago) was for a broken pinpoint button, which got changed to the CZ21 button and overall it was a good experience. On the second repair (this month), it was too expensive to repair. I got water into the machine when diving and it blew 3 circuit boards. I also have a CZ21, so can still get into the water to detect. However, on the phone, I did whine a little bit that I would miss the CZ20 because it had the smaller 8" coil and my newer detector is the 10.5". He offered to swap out the coils on my new machine at no charge. I declined the offer, but what I can say is he tried to make/keep me happy. That said, I am in the market for an 8" if somebody hates their CZ21. I love these machines.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad they came through for you!!! Fisher is the best detector I've ever owned! I'm not in the water, but I'm still using a Cz6A that has the box held to the shaft with zip ties!! I don't want a new detector!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread