Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: First beach detector advice

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    19469 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyman View Post
    I've been wrestling with this decision for a while now. Thanks for all the input. I had finally decided to go with a pi detector. I was just about to order a Sand Shark from One of our sponsers when I heard that Tesoro closed it's doors. Since their lifetime warranty was a big factor in my decision I will not be getting one.

What are your thoughts on the Garrett Sea Hunter? Does anyone have any experience with one?
    Not a popular machine. Whites Dual Field would be a better choice if you MUST have a PI machine. Just a friendly reminder that I have my 8-month-old Equinox 600 up for sale in the Classifieds.

Apr 2015
    Cleveland OH
    None - looking
    54 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Terry, Sorry to keep picking your brain, but why do you think it is not a popular detector? Also, I thought PI's didn't have descrimination, but in videos the Sea Hunter seems to?
    Terry Soloman likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    19469 times
    Metal Detecting
    The Sea Hunter is heavy and unbalanced. It does NOT "discriminate," it "eliminates." This is one of the reasons I dislike the machine - it's hobbled from the get go. Less depth than the Sand Shark, or Dual Field. When you flip it into "Standard" or "Discrete" trash ELIMINATION you instantly lose an inch in depth, and are guaranteed to miss small gold rings.

Seriously, if you have to have a PI, and you don't, go with the Dual Field. I'm so sure you should get the Equinox that I'm willing to knock off another $25 on mine - but ONLY for you, because the machine will change your hobby life forever. Good luck no matter what you decide, but if you really want a machine that will work in saltwater and wet sand, then go effortlessly into farm fields, woods, parks, wherever, buy a new Equinox 600 where I bought mine! 3720-0001 | Minelab Equinox 600 | Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    cudamark likes this.

Apr 2015
    Cleveland OH
    None - looking
    54 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Where's the tab for the classifieds? Cannot find it.
    Terry Soloman likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    19469 times
    Metal Detecting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links