Whites TDI Beach Hunter.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Whites TDI Beach Hunter.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2013
    1118 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Whites TDI Beach Hunter.

Havenít seen much posted or videos on this machine yet. Was wondering how it performs in the wet sand and water. If anyone has one, would like to see a video or read your review.
    Bill G, JamesR1964 and Hawks88 like this.

May 2018
    77 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I have the TDI SL, which I understand is the same machine, just not waterproof. I have used it quite a bit, especially in highly mineralized areas and some on wet saltwater beaches. It takes some getting used to and lots of practice if you aren't familiar with PI machines. But the ability to see through stuff a vlf machine cant is amazing.
    I would suggest looking up the TDI videos on YouTube. Some of them have pretty good instructional content for beginners.

Jan 2006
    218 times
    I have one on the way to me right now as I type this. I am going to retire ( already got rid of) the old Sand Shark now that Tesoro is possibly going buy the wayside. I needed a new PI machine anyway and I have high hopes for this new Whites PI offering. My goal is to do quite a bit more salt water beach hunting this year.

All The Best,
    Bill G
    Last edited by Bill G; Nov 19, 2018 at 03:47 PM.
    rook3434 and Hawks88 like this.
    Every find is a good find, some are just Great........

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    38081 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    I have one on the way to me right now as I type this. I am going to retire ( already got rid of) the old Sand Shark now that Tesoro is possibly going buy the wayside. I needed a new PI machine anyway and I have high hopes for this new Whites PI offering.

All The Best,
    Bill G
    GOOD luck with the new machine.
    Bill G and Hawks88 like this.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

us
    ARRG

Feb 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
    248 times
    Shipwrecks
    I have 2 Whites Dual Field PI. Basically the same as a TDI, but a TDI has a ground balance, where the Dual Field has auto ground balance. I think all else is the same. DF is a great machine. Unlike old school PI, Whites PI Pro and Dual Gield are way ahead of all the old type PI in that they can pick up gold jewelry very well at depth, they are hot to it. Also some copper alloys, like old Spanish Silver cobs, which many treasure salvage crews are using old school PI and not doing well. Leaving lots of stuff behind. Dual Field is hot on that stuff. Plus it can tell you if you have rust and the size of your targets. Different sounds as opposed to old school with just beep at everything. I am sure the Beach TDI will be a great one. Not sure how much better than the Dual Field. I would like to try a comparison
    Bill G, Hawks88 and sandmartin like this.

Jul 2013
    1118 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks guys. Bill G.. would like to hear your thoughts how it handles the water and wet sand once you get it. Good luck with the new machine!
    Bill G, Hawks88 and P-Digger like this.

us
    ARRG

Feb 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
    248 times
    Shipwrecks
    Bill G, where are you located? I am in Bradenton/Sarasota , FL and would like to see your TDI Beachand compare to the Dual Field, if possible. Steve. If it is better, then I might have to get one!

us
    "Dew" Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
    1066 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    Steve ...... not quite. The DF is a 15 uS machine and the TDI i believe runs at 10 uS. This can make the difference on smaller gold IF its capable to run at that uS in the salt water.

Jan 2006
    218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    Thanks guys. Bill G.. would like to hear your thoughts how it handles the water and wet sand once you get it. Good luck with the new machine!
    I will let you all know after I spend some time with it.

Bill G

Jan 2006
    218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemc View Post
    Bill G, where are you located? I am in Bradenton/Sarasota , FL and would like to see your TDI Beachand compare to the Dual Field, if possible. Steve. If it is better, then I might have to get one!

Steve,

I live in good old Bakersfield CA. I hunt out here on the West Coast when I can about an 1 1/2 drive for me to Pismo, Avila, Moro Bay areas. I can also run up south more towards the LA area beaches as well. If I lived closer I would for sure meet up with you. It would be one heck of a drive for me if I left today ..Lol

All The Best,
    Bill G
    Last edited by Bill G; Nov 19, 2018 at 03:57 PM.

Jan 2006
    218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dewcon4414 View Post
    Steve ...... not quite. The DF is a 15 uS machine and the TDI i believe runs at 10 uS. This can make the difference on smaller gold IF its capable to run at that uS in the salt water.

Steve,

The TDI Beach Hunter according to the owners manual has an adjustable pulse range. The knob adjust range from 10us. up to 25us.. The ranges on the control panel knob= 10us. to 15us. marked small gold/ 15us. to 20us. marked wet salt/ 20us. to 25us. marked large targets.

See pic's of controls. Sorry wish the pic's were better but its all I have at the time.

All The Best,
    Bill G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tdi screen 2.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	3.57 MB 
ID:	1653421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tdi screen.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	3.35 MB 
ID:	1653422  
    Last edited by Bill G; Nov 19, 2018 at 03:52 PM.

us
    ARRG

Feb 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    248 times
    Shipwrecks
    Great! Well let us know how it works in real life detecting and in at-the-beach-wetsand testing. I am sure we all want to know.
    Hawks88 and Bill G like this.

us
    Apr 2011
    Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
    97 times
    I live 2 minutes from a fresh water beach,I have detected it countless times with a Excal with a 10 and 15 inch coils also with a Infinium with the large mono coil. I swam here back in the 60s so I know where the old part of the beach is. I have got many rings and silver coins in the past, But they have become far and few as I thought it was hunted out.
    I got a TDI Beachhunter from Big Boys Hobbies, and all of these came from 6, 1.5 to 2 hour hunts in a 20 by 60 foot section of beach, that I thought was hunted out. There was no sand movement it is just a deep machine !
    I now have a number of hunted out beaches that need to be hunted out again! I will be hitting the salt when the fresh freezes over, and I will let you know how it does there.
    HH Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tdi.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	1653683  
    OBN, Hawks88, Bill G and 3 others like this.

Jul 2013
    1118 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    ...now thatís what I wanna hear!! Sounds like itís a deep machine. Nice finds! Keep the reviews comin thanks for the review
    Hawks88, Bill G and Jim in MA like this.

ca
    Hawks88

Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600, fisher gold bug pro.
    10697 times
    Great machine. Good luck.
    Jim in MA likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links