Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By CCadrin
  • 5 Post By CASPER-2
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering

Thread: Offseason RI Beach Access

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    May 2015
    New England
    Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
    65
    44 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Offseason RI Beach Access

    Would really like to hunt some of the RI beaches from now until Memorial Day, both in & out of the water. Was in South Kingstown yesterday at the Penguin Hunt sponsored by Awesome Relics New England and had a great time. I noticed police patroling the parking lot during the hunt and the gates which I'm assuming are closed typically. Just wondering where I can find out more information on offseason access to these beaches ? Does the State close and lock the parking areas until Memorial Day. Just wondering, before I make the 2 hour drive again. Thank you !!

  2. #2
    us
    Jul 2013
    southwest ,CT
    minelab e-trac,EQ 800,TDIpro,TDI beachunter,excal II OBN pp mod,excal 800 blue OBN pp mod,excal blue 1000
    30
    45 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Curt you can go into that beach this time of year also there is a town beach a couple miles from where the penguin hunt was I hit those beaches when I go on vacation every summer

  3. #3

    Mar 2008
    43
    27 times
    There are no restrictions on the RI beaches. Beaches are open year round. Even in the summer time, they are open at night. Just don't get caught with alcohol, no fires, and do not sleep on the beach. You could get arrested for those offensives.

    Now for water hunting, depending upon which beaches, they can be very dangerous during the winter months. Two steps in can be over your head. The waves will dig troughs and it could be in one spot fine but further down the beach can be dangerous. I was at the Penguin Dig yesterday and Scarborough is a very flat beach year round. The beaches that face the Altantic are usually the ones you need to proceed with caution.
    ctdirtdigger likes this.

  4. #4
    us
    CASPER

    Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    14,596
    13852 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Ive never had a problem in the water for the last 20 yrs no matter what time of the year - but i suit up so i can go under if i have to
    7mm boots suit and gloves
    waders is another story though

    this is blizzard at scarborough
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

  5. #5
    us
    May 2015
    New England
    Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
    65
    44 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by CCadrin View Post
    There are no restrictions on the RI beaches. Beaches are open year round. Even in the summer time, they are open at night. Just don't get caught with alcohol, no fires, and do not sleep on the beach. You could get arrested for those offensives.

    Now for water hunting, depending upon which beaches, they can be very dangerous during the winter months. Two steps in can be over your head. The waves will dig troughs and it could be in one spot fine but further down the beach can be dangerous. I was at the Penguin Dig yesterday and Scarborough is a very flat beach year round. The beaches that face the Altantic are usually the ones you need to proceed with caution.
    OK, got it, the Beaches are open, but how about the parking areas adjacent to the beaches........are the barriers open during the day ?

  6. #6
    us
    Jul 2013
    southwest ,CT
    minelab e-trac,EQ 800,TDIpro,TDI beachunter,excal II OBN pp mod,excal 800 blue OBN pp mod,excal blue 1000
    30
    45 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    They should be open curt

  7. #7
    us
    Jul 2013
    southwest ,CT
    minelab e-trac,EQ 800,TDIpro,TDI beachunter,excal II OBN pp mod,excal 800 blue OBN pp mod,excal blue 1000
    30
    45 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-2 View Post
    Ive never had a problem in the water for the last 20 yrs no matter what time of the year - but i suit up so i can go under if i have to
    7mm boots suit and gloves
    waders is another story though

    this is blizzard at scarborough
    I use a,DUI drysuit in winter works great once you figure out how to get in and out of it lol

  8. #8

    Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    13,349
    9632 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by ctdirtdigger View Post
    ... but how about the parking areas adjacent to the beaches........are the barriers open during the day ?


    Quote Originally Posted by brncofan View Post
    They should be open curt

    If it's anything like our beaches: There are frequently parking lots which might be "closed at sunset" or at various times. But that doesn't mean the beach itself is closed. You might just have to park @ some nearby street, and walk the remaining distance.

    There is no shortage of late night couples on romantic walks, or dog-walkers, etc...., who walk the beach after sunset. So I consider my hobby to be just as harmless and innocent
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

  9. #9
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    22,099
    20556 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Nice photos Casper-2!
    CASPER-2 likes this.

  10. #10
    Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Current-Deus. Past-Equinox, CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
    188
    306 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Most RI beaches will habe somewhere for you to park for the day without any hassle. All the pay to park lots are open to the public during the winter.
    iffy signals - youtube

  11. #11
    us
    May 2015
    New England
    Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
    65
    44 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Excellent, just what I needed to know, thank you Iffy !

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Florida Beach Access
    By sphillips in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 13, 2018, 11:35 AM
  2. Access to the Beach at Saint Patrick's Air Force Base
    By bronzecannons in forum Florida
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 19, 2017, 07:37 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 07, 2016, 04:43 PM
  4. Ken..SPI Texas Beach access #6 & 5
    By dusty1530 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 06, 2016, 06:40 AM
  5. Beach access below the waterline?
    By MRBeyer in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 25, 2007, 05:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0