Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: CZ21 Settings Help

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    "BIG DAVE"

Nov 2012
    Aberdeen, MD
    Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, White's Beach Hunter 300, Stealth 920xi
    809 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayoutalker View Post
    I went to the beach Wednesday and tried your settings. Hunting in Auto was a no go due to the amount of iron in the sand. I spent most of my time in 0. This area has seen its share of hurricanes and there are the remains of a lot of beach homes scattered about. I did find 8 dimes at 8"+ in wet sand so it looks like it is working better than before. Thanks again for the help.

I'll keep working at it to learn those sounds. Now if I can just get the weather to cooperate.....
    Yeah. All that iron, 0 is probably your best option for now unless you want to pull all that junk out and find what may be lying beneath. Good luck!

us
    Sep 2012
    Beaumont, TX
    Garrett AT Pro Fisher CZ-21 White Classic 3 SL
    28 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by DJWEHAGE View Post
    Yeah. All that iron, 0 is probably your best option for now unless you want to pull all that junk out and find what may be lying beneath. Good luck!
    I dug a bit of it but it gets old really quick. I found lots of chunks of unidentifiable ferrous material.
    DJWEHAGE likes this.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    13852 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJWEHAGE View Post
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/casper...in/dateposted/
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    13852 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayoutalker View Post
    I dug a bit of it but it gets old really quick. I found lots of chunks of unidentifiable ferrous material.
    but if a spot you are going to hit over and over - best to get all that older iron out --or you will hit it over and over
    so you "waste" time taking it out now or waste time EVERY time you go there hitting it over and over
    I wrote an article on taking out the trash - it just touch the iceberg - I have found lots of silver and gold under or next to iron
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    Sep 2012
    Beaumont, TX
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-2 View Post
    but if a spot you are going to hit over and over - best to get all that older iron out --or you will hit it over and over
    so you "waste" time taking it out now or waste time EVERY time you go there hitting it over and over
    I wrote an article on taking out the trash - it just touch the iceberg - I have found lots of silver and gold under or next to iron
    I do remove any trash I dig but I haven't started digging everything I hear.....yet. The place we were has a large amount of iron. I could spend days trying to dig it all and normally there is only a short window when the tide is out. Gulf beaches don't work like ocean beaches. We don't get the wave action unless there is a hurricane and tides are not as severe. I'm sure I'll get it done but that will have to wait for better weather.

us
    Sep 2012
    Beaumont, TX
    28 times
    I am trying to read the article but it won't let me enlarge the pages. Can I find this elsewhere?

Never mind, I got it to work. Really a good read. It makes me want to head back to the beach and get busy.

Did you write this?
    Last edited by Bayoutalker; Mar 09, 2019 at 05:37 PM.

us
    Sep 2012
    Beaumont, TX
    28 times
    I have another question for you. The guy I went to the beach with got a good hit on his Nox 800 in wet sand. He started digging and got down maybe 16-18" with no target but still getting a good signal. A couple more scoops out and still nothing but a good signal. The hole was filling with water as fast as he could pull out sand. He finally gave up and covered the hole. The question is... What would you do in that situation?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links