Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If yo don't see any signs saying no detecting then just do it...don't ask lifeguards or anyone else...they will tell you no to cover their selves when they don't know the real answer...places get closed to metal detecting because people ask if they can...you wouldn't ask if you can throw a frisbee, or a football or build a sandcastle or have a blue blanket...why would you ask if you can metal detect?

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, why would you think it wasn't allowed?

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How'd it go? Pretty sure theres a treasure lease on the shallow waters of Juno that the crew there would fiercely protect. We'll know when you get back to us lol.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, I read the title and thought he was asking about Juno beach in Normandy. Wouldn't really want to detect there!!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If city officials don't know by now and I'm sure life guards probably don't care. Do like my old girlfriend told me once. I'll tell you when to stop. Yep.:laughing7:

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Dang, I read the title and thought he was asking about Juno beach in Normandy. Wouldn't really want to detect there!!

I’m at Juno now (Canadian) and totally got hot under the collar with the title until I finally realized he was talking about Florida, lol.

I highly recommend a tour of these beaches if you are US, Brit, or CDN (and others). If you don’t choke up here, you’re dead inside...

OP, hope you managed to make it out and find some good finds.

Dig

OP
OP
B

bxlarry

Dec 31, 2012
Lake Worth Fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
detecting Juno

How'd it go? Pretty sure theres a treasure lease on the shallow waters of Juno that the crew there would fiercely protect. We'll know when you get back to us lol.

Couldn't get to Juno on Monday. pouring rain and lightning. Will try again later this week. Will let u know

OP
OP
B

bxlarry

Dec 31, 2012
Lake Worth Fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
detecting juno beach Fl

Couldn't get to Juno on Monday. pouring rain and lightning. Will try again later this week. Will let u know

Finally spent a few hours on Juno beach. No problems detecting in the water. Only problem nothing but a few clad

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That’s what I thought, I was gonna say I wouldn’t detect a combat beach out of respect even if it was legal

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this world given to us by God or whatever is there a single inch of it not owned by someone

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought the same thing Gunsil Lol.

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought of both Florida & Normandy and had to read to see which beach was being discussed. I hope to hunt the Florida coast later this year. Not Normandy though. I'm sure some have hunted there though, just like many have hunted battlefield areas here in the USA from the civil war, revolutionary war, etc.
I lived in NC back in the late 80's where a civil war collector passed along a few items of ammo from his Gettysburg collection. I felt uneasy accepting them at the time. You can't help but have a heavy heart visiting places like that.
I still can't help but wonder the story behind the items. Who lost them, did that soldier survive that battle.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be aware that Juno beach waters WERE under admiralty claim via Lyle K...

Not sure if his company Seafarer Corp still owns those rights or not... beings he passed away some years ago now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread