Experienced Beach Hunters Only - My Equinox 800 sucks, What should I replace it with? - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Experienced Beach Hunters Only - My Equinox 800 sucks, What should I replace it with?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2013
    41 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Cutaplug, you're buying into the hype that science and facts doesn't support. "If there is zero consistency in gold jewelry items then there can only be zero consistency in the ability to consistently and/or accurately I.D. those items." As for faster recovery speeds, faster processors? Here again that processor, since it can't function on consistent aspects in regards to gold jewelry it has to operate on "consistencies within returns." So in essence, you are allowing a machine to filter out returns that it determines to be of no value like returns that are too weak to be analyzed, etc., etc. These are returns that the end user will never even know to exist because they will never hear them, so instead of the user getting more data, he's actually getting far less data. As one poster already stated, these are great machines for recent drop hunters who want to cover a lot of ground fast, however, the trade-off is that they these users have been fooled into believing that they are hunting more efficiently, when in reality and based on 100% facts concerning gold jewelry items, it is not efficient hunting and these users WILL miss a lot of potential gold jewelry returns. Science doesn't even allow for argument of these facts.
    Please stop putting words into my mouth. I never said anything about being able to cherry pick gold and I have a complete understanding of how discrimination works for lower conductivity targets. Saying that I'm buying into some hype because I expect a modern machine to discriminate out rusty bottle caps is an insult. Many other machines can do it so yes I expect that from an $800 machine. That might have been hype 20 years ago but not today. Here is the fact; any time wasted on investigating or digging ferrous items takes away from time you could be digging non ferrous items (gold potential). So yes you can hunt more efficiently even though gold has a very wide range.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    Should of bought an AT Pro. Bottle caps will quack on the AT. I can tell every time if it’s a cap.
    I've owned an AT Pro from first shipment and definitely agree with you. Actually I got so fed up with the equinox and bottle caps on one beach I put it up and broke out the AT Pro.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7104 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    In the dry sand using Park 1, I find that if I momentarily change from multi to 5 Mhz, bottle caps will jump up almost to quarter readings, where gold, nickels, and pull tabs won't. Won't help much in the Beach modes, but, in the dry sand, I don't need to use Beach 1 or 2.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8657 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutaplug View Post
    Please stop putting words into my mouth. I never said anything about being able to cherry pick gold and I have a complete understanding of how discrimination works for lower conductivity targets. Saying that I'm buying into some hype because I expect a modern machine to discriminate out rusty bottle caps is an insult. Many other machines can do it so yes I expect that from an $800 machine. That might have been hype 20 years ago but not today. Here is the fact; any time wasted on investigating or digging ferrous items takes away from time you could be digging non ferrous items (gold potential). So yes you can hunt more efficiently even though gold has a very wide range.

I've owned an AT Pro from first shipment and definitely agree with you. Actually I got so fed up with the equinox and bottle caps on one beach I put it up and broke out the AT Pro.
    A friend of mine uses an AT-Pro.....he now digs "assumed" bottle caps after multiple recoveries of various gold items that reacted as bottle caps for various reason. Do we like digging them....HELL NO.....are we glad we do......HELL YES!
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links