Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
21fb.jpg

Most of my hunting is older beach's, many long gone and now private. About the only way to get to them is by water. Making it a challenge each trip out. They have been very good to me the last few months, one gave up 37 gold rings in July.

Yesterdays gold came with several silver coins, stained by the brackish salty waters.
21c.jpg

Even the gold ring was tarnished bad...but cleaned up nice
21CD.jpg

And as normal a little trash..
21D.jpg

A Beautiful calm day in the water..
gpro.jpg

And the rest of this years booty..
20190911_125104.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a War in the Pacific W quarter today at the bank, does that count?:tongue3:

That counts for you, I would never disagree with a lady.....:laughing7:..specially one with 5....C:cat::cat:A:cat::cat:T:cat:s

And Thanks everyone, a few more from this week...
21H.jpg

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you broken the century mark for # of gold rings yet this year? Congrats on an amazing year! Also, how did you clean up the tarnished gold ring?

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you broken the century mark for # of gold rings yet this year? Congrats on an amazing year! Also, how did you clean up the tarnished gold ring?

Last 6 years I now average 100 gold rings per year.

2019 so far........106
total................601

I retired in 2014, "Not" that I am putting in more time hunting but I get to choice the best conditions to hunt. Makes all the difference as you can see.

To clean the rings I use, Mothers mag and aluminum polish

OBN-0013.jpg

Last edited:

Earlafindit

Nov 19, 2009
Mid Atlantic Coast DE.
Detector(s) used
f75se,CTX3030, , Deus ,Excal blue 800 & 1000 , Manticore , TDI BeachHunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrat's Joe , by the end of the year, you will have 135 beat, EST 150 + , U Da Man , Earl

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

2019 so far........106
total................601

I retired in 2014, "Not" that I am putting in more time hunting but I get to choice the best conditions to hunt. Makes all the difference as you can see.

View attachment 1759891

Are you hunting mostly water

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds

2019 so far........106
total................601

View attachment 1759891

That’s just amazing! Which detector has gotten most of those rings? I only got 6 gold rings this summer. You veterans at this hobby sure know how to bring in alot of gold! Hope 2020 brings you another good year!

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you hunting mostly water

Water Only, all waist to chin...

Setting at 115 for the year as of a few days ago..

That’s just amazing! Which detector has gotten most of those rings? I only got 6 gold rings this summer. You veterans at this hobby sure know how to bring in alot of gold! Hope 2020 brings you another good year!

Thanks Irishgoldhound! All Gold was found with 4 excaliburs which I modified. I could never hunt and find what I do with a stock machine, very spoiled. I think your doing good, 6 gold rings and all it takes is one very nice one to equal a 100 gold rings. So keep up the good work.

Veteran, Shoot I still consider myself a rookie, got about 10 plus years at doing this and I swear every trip out I learn something new.

Congrat's Joe , by the end of the year, you will have 135 beat, EST 150 + , U Da Man , Earl
Thanks Buddy, I see a few more but not many, I get lazy come the holidays...

Many Thanks to all for the Kind words and Good Luck!!

114 n................................................................ 115

21a.jpg .... 21c.jpg

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Water Only, all waist to chin...

Setting at 115 for the year as of a few days ago..

Thanks Irishgoldhound! All Gold was found with 4 excaliburs which I modified. I could never hunt and find what I do with a stock machine, very spoiled. I think your doing good, 6 gold rings and all it takes is one very nice one to equal a 100 gold rings. So keep up the good work.

Veteran, Shoot I still consider myself a rookie, got about 10 plus years at doing this and I swear every trip out I learn something new.

Thanks Buddy, I see a few more but not many, I get lazy come the holidays...

Many Thanks to all for the Kind words and Good Luck!!

114 n................................................................ 115

View attachment 1772013 .... View attachment 1772015

Yeah you’re right, all it takes is one good ring but I’d rather find a hundred Lol. Do you not use your Dual field anymore? I guess your modified Excal hits as deep as the DF.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah you’re right, all it takes is one good ring but I’d rather find a hundred Lol. Do you not use your Dual field anymore? I guess your modified Excal hits as deep as the DF.
Where I hunt the Excalibur does just about the same as the DF in depth and with the PP/Disc button on the handle its more versatile. ..I never found one gold ring with it and I used it several times behind the excalibur to clean areas out, with that I realized the excalibur was doing it's work....

Funny you ask, for I just Gave away the DF today to my old hunting partner Mike Guard. Making room for that New Fisher PI, soon I hope.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Oh very nice! That’s weird you couldn’t hit one ring with the DF that the excal hit. Must be getting deeper than the DF. Watch your friend now get a hundred rings with his new Dual Field. Lol.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh very nice! That’s weird you couldn’t hit one ring with the DF that the excal hit. Must be getting deeper than the DF. Watch your friend now get a hundred rings with his new Dual Field. Lol.

Actually that is the same plan I have for the Fisher "AQ" PI,...... The Excalibur goes in first, then I come back with the "AQ" a few hunts later. Hoping it is much deeper and more sensitive to the smaller gold. The DF just failed to find any gold rings for the excalibur snagged all.

Of the 20 or so water hunters I know here in the Chesapeake Bay many may only find 5 or less gold rings a year. Scott, Mike and Big Dave (DJWEHAGE) being an exception 10 to 30 Gold rings a year..Big Dave (DJWEHAGE) had a excellent year in 2018 with 34 I believe.

Silver has been great this year also..setting at 306 Silver coins / Sterling jewelry
A hunt from a few weeks ago..24 Silvers....no gold
21b.jpg

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Well you’re definitely doing better than them. Maybe your DF wasn’t running quite up to snuff. Nice silvers!...oh yeah and that’s just rings, I’m sure you’ve found many chains and bracelets too.

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you’re definitely doing better than them. Maybe your DF wasn’t running quite up to snuff. Nice silvers!...oh yeah and that’s just rings, I’m sure you’ve found many chains and bracelets too.

I hunt a different way then most here which gives me an advantage on the gold count. Old Beach's..Long gone...and I'm Very Blessed to know there habits.

The DF was modified, but so are the excaliburs but they are internally also. About the only place the DF shined over the excalibur was when I came across black sand, gravel, or compacted oyster shells (like digging in concrete). But these conditions are rare for here...mostly sand or a mucky sand oyster shell mix like in the video.

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
That's incredible!!! You're still the Ring King, and Zen Master of the Excal II.

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy bananas... Nice ring and especially nice haul from your recent hunts!

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
I want to be your understudy!!!!!!!

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you , The Year is now over........ time to prepare for 2020. Hope to see the New Fisher in a few months, should shake the tree good if it is as said. The Excalibur is still the main machine and will continue to be, the Fisher will be to clean up what the xcal could not hear.

A few more from the last two hunts of the year...12/18th..19th / 2019

#122 #123 #124 #125

RD122.jpg ... RD123.jpg ...
RD124.jpg ... RD125.jpg

Wishing all Safe and Happy Holiday's, Christmas and the New Years

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Thank you , The Year is now over........ time to prepare for 2020. Hope to see the New Fisher in a few months, should shake the tree good if it is as said. The Excalibur is still the main machine and will continue to be, the Fisher will be to clean up what the xcal could not hear.

A few more from the last two hunts of the year...12/18th..19th / 2019

#122 #123 #124 #125

View attachment 1782466 ... View attachment 1782468 ...
View attachment 1782469 ... View attachment 1782470

Wishing all Safe and Happy Holiday's, Christmas and the New Years

Nice way to end the yr with a few more gold to throw on that big pile of yours! Way to go! I hope you “ring” in the new yr with even more gold than this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread