Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Health issues have kept me down most of the year but finally got some time to get out and get in
Last week I went to look for a lost wedding band - online it said park did not charge after Labor day
- they lied - had to pay $30 to park. Was really hoping to find & return but ranger told me a lot of guys hit water there.
Place was pretty clean. I found a few deep wheats over a foot down and got rings in a rocky area along with
a dollar coin which was a surprise. Ring with stone is 14k GF...shame it would've been a beauty if gold.
cas98.JPG
Took a ride to R.I. on Sun. to an old spot I used to hit years ago.
I know it gets hit by locals for fresh drops but spot has rocky spots and was hoping to get a few oldies - I did.
Second target was a caked silver Wash. quarter - 1940. Little while later I got caked silver relig.med.
Little later I got a 1936 Buffalo - then finally saw yellow in my scoop. Scoop was full of rocks and as I shook it and plucked
out the larger ones I saw glint of gold in the bottom. Digging in the rocks was hard work but it paid off.
I got a Merc dime and final target before I got out was a silver ring. Not a lot for 2 1/2 hrs but at least
I got a few keepers.
Ring is marked VIRGIN GOLD 14k
cas915.JPG DSC00237.JPG DSC00235.JPG
Monday I went to another small R.I. beach. Once again a spot that guys hammer for fresh drops
and another spot that once you get down close to 1 foot down - you hit solid rocks here.
I have gotten old silver and gold in these rocks years ago because most guys give up cause they cant dig in
the rocks. I had one hit here early where there was a hole and I pulled an old key that someone
gave up on. I got older clad and a few wheats but no silver which I was surprised, but I did
manage another small gold band down about a foot that I worked hard to pull up
- 750 (18k) which made it worth hitting. You can see by the lack of shiny
fresh drops that others have cleaned those out of all these spots. Was upset that a lot of the
trash I got here was dug and tossed back - sitting right on top.
cas916.JPG DSC00234.JPG
Temps getting colder up here - water will be soon too. Hope I can get a few more hunts in.
Good Luck if you get out :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice finds casper. Glad you got to make it out there. Nice golds !!

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
About time my friend! Always good to scratch the itch[emoji16]. Congrats on the yellow

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Beauties!!! Gotta love finding the higher karat gold! Nice work after being on a break for awhile.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
WTG Mr Casper!! Love those gold bands! And that one that is marked virgin gold...Very cool!..:headbang:

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Way to go Casper. That’s a nice way to start off. Lots of people would love a hunt like that. Stay healthy and HH

Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SideWinder, CZ20, Whites XLT, Tesoro StingRay II, Whites PI Pro w/950 Dive Coil, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab EQ 600, Fisher CZ3D, Whites TDI SL, Sov. GT. Minelab GXP-4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper, Sorry to hear about the health issues, hope things get better. Those are some great finds, that will always make a person feel better.
I notice you have the Whites XLT listed as one of your detectors used. Do you have any programs you would be willing to share. I had purchased one at a pawn shop cheap because it did not work. I took it home pulled out the battery compartment and found batteries corroded inside assembly no good. I purchased the 8 AA replacement holder fired it up and works great. used the presets seems ok but sure they can be improved. I found some programs on the internet im going to try but figured you may be more experienced than others and had a few tricks that might work better. If you don't want it to be public knowledge I understand. You can send it private or leave it in a envelope taped under a bench in the park. that would be fine too. lol Have fun hunting and take care of your health. Lonnie

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used my XLT on land hunts since 1995
I have never used a custom program - neither has an old friend that got his around same time
we both do very well at old farm fields and cellar holes with ours as well as in other areas
Ive never felt I needed anything more - some guys laugh that we still used them
but we have always been able to hunt with the big boys and done well up against
the newer relic machines out there - I hit old farm fields around here where guys have all
the newer machines out there and I still get stuff they miss - I get small Spanish silver every year
and get 1/2 dimes and 3cent pieces they miss and cut silver now and then along with small
musket balls and small cuff buttons they miss - XLT is very sensitive on the small stuff
get a lot of 22 bullet heads too though
so I got no secrets to share - if you look thru my album - (8% of land finds made with XLT
https://www.flickr.com/photos/casper-1/
not everything ive found is posted here - most is from last 20 yrs
I been at this since 1975

Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SideWinder, CZ20, Whites XLT, Tesoro StingRay II, Whites PI Pro w/950 Dive Coil, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab EQ 600, Fisher CZ3D, Whites TDI SL, Sov. GT. Minelab GXP-4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper, Thanks for the reply, looks like you have done well with factory programs, that's good news. I would like to be able to turn on and hunt. will probably be using in Beach and relic mode mostly.
Spending most of my time trying to learn my Excalibur II. Got some good advise from OBN, He's one heck of a great guy glad to call him a friend. Would like to revisit a park close by my house, when I first bought my Tesoro Sidewinder I took it to the park and found about $50 in clad first day. Dimes and quarters every where. Called my hunting buddy because I do share my finds with my friends and he pulled up $30 in clad. Strange thing about that park we never see anyone using it. It is a old park next to a library, maybe they came from the library and threw their money away for us to find, lol. Found one ring only in that park. so far. Thanks for the advise ill let you know how it goes. Happy hunting.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you back in "the swing" of things.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some nice finds for sure. Hope you can find more before winter hits. :weather_snow:

2Peas

May 26, 2014
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold. Glad your getting out. I'm not sure of your ailment, but I know how much it can set you back. Hope all works out well for you, looking forward to seeing your finds and vacation stories.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice you are back swinging, that's a couple nice rings & silvers, congrats on the hunts

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread