Favorite beach hunt accessories

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Nox has been in water with no leaks, have several hunting partners who have used theirs in the water with no leaks, you tube has videos of people hunting in the water with no leaks.

It was tongue in cheek bud, i'm just trying to make light of it. Keeping my fingers crossed my new one will be ok.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 excals,1 Equinox
2 scoops
2 find bags
2 harnesses
Camelpac with water
Toolbox with detector repair parts
Sun screen
Sun hat
Cooler with sandwiches, drinks and victory beer if gold is found.

Nice list, but you forgot the camel(s) to carry it all so there are no trips back to the car. :thumbsup:
(I wish I was as organized as you.)

Attachments

• Dissolve_CamelsInWater.jpg
    Dissolve_CamelsInWater.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Floating classifier. I'm in no big waves, however.

Ditto on that.A little DIY project....One 5 gal. bucket,a pool noodle, some 1/4" mesh, some zip ties....and done :) 001.JPG 002.JPG

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry In Florida

Mar 3, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice scoops but they are very flimsy

Not really, I mean they aren't going to hold up to a heavy gauge aluminum or SS scoop but they are pretty solid for beach sand. No flexing at all in beach sand and they dig down easily, even in moderate shell. Plus you can check for targets in them as they aren't metal, just hang the scoop over your coil and if you have the target in your scoop you should get a signal. Don't have to dump the scoop to check for the target.

For someone who is only occasionally going to beach detect and want an alternative to shelling out a little wad of cash for a metal scoop. I don't see a better alternative. Unless you know of one?

I've had and used these for years in beach sand and they have held up like new. The only reason the blue one has scrapes, is because I installed a handle into it and tried using it for hard inland ground. It worked but as you can see, it wasn't going to last in hard ground. I'm wanting to md more often and wanted a good overall scoop, so it was the deciding factor on my buying a SS scoop. I am sure these will still be my go to scoops for diving, because everything is in your face when diving, you can check the scoops without dumping them for targets, easy to secure and carry and in water most everything is soft sand.

They've been awesome scoops for what I've needed them for...

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowww its nice

001.JPG Thanks .Even works in winter with hip boots,M.D. & shovel.Searching the shoreline in 2 ft. of water.And tie a string from it to your belt so you won't be chasing it around in the water.

Last edited:

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice.
Do you see any advantage to using a larger mesh (3/8" or 1/2") as a prescreen or does the 1/4" not get clogged up too badly?

1/4" seems to work good . Wet Sand (shoveled from the bottom)passes right thru it quickly.1/2" mesh would work probably even faster,but some good stuff might also pass thru.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it!

Silly question how is the mesh secured? I'd like to build one if I can manage it

Thanks.

Pete

A 'press fit' secures the mesh in place . Its designed to be used IN water ONLY so the sand shoveled into it dosent weigh much at all.I'll see if I can find building instructions I used.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it!

Silly question how is the mesh secured? I'd like to build one if I can manage it

Thanks.

Pete

On Installing the Mesh......Cant find the instructions I used to build mine , but this will work(maybe even better) Just add the pool noodle as I did for flotation :) And I would install the mesh lower in the bucket as I did.
>>

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.JPG Also on cutting the pool-noodle in half.I found that a serrated edge knife works best for a nice clean cut.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice list, but you forgot the camel(s) to carry it all so there are no trips back to the car. :thumbsup:
(I wish I was as organized as you.)
I carry equipment backups because it is a minimum 65 mile 1 way to beach hunt for me. On one of my trips to Miami, a 259 mile trip for me, my excal oscillator went bad, with out a backup ir would have been a wasted 500 mile round trip. On different trip I broke handle on a scoop.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Favorite beech hunting accessories..

1. obn24.jpg My drysuit would be #1, gets me out about 4 months out of the year when no one else hunts, or can hunt. Dec to April, water temps as low as 34F.....

2. OBN-0010 (2).jpg The Triumph, gets me to spots no one else can get too and distant spots. And makes me feel like a real Pirate when I'm cutting thru the water...!!..lol..........

3. OBN-00.jpg Then my jetski......for those places that require fi-nesses. Mainly up the river coves, in between pier's, small swim beach's..creeks... where size is a factor.

4. Would have to be the computer, internet...for research. Each of these have contributed alot to my yearly gold count

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds

Favorite beech hunting accessories..

1. View attachment 1768324 My drysuit would be #1, gets me out about 4 months out of the year when no one else hunts, or can hunt. Dec to April, water temps as low as 34F.....

2. View attachment 1768325 The Triumph, gets me to spots no one else can get too and distant spots. And makes me feel like a real Pirate when I'm cutting thru the water...!!..lol..........

3. View attachment 1768326 Then my jetski......for those places that require fi-nesses. Mainly up the river coves, in between pier's, small swim beach's..creeks... where size is a factor.

4. Would have to be the computer, internet...for research. Each of these have contributed alot to my yearly gold count

You’re one hardcore beach hunter! That’s awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread