🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got in after low on sunday - got in for a few hours and got a silver ring
got in yesterday for around 5 hrs - got this one after about an hour
Hit a spot with some hard bottom - viz was pretty good - only problem
was I started seeing holes here and there - looked around and saw a guy hunting farther
north from me - he must have come thru here first. I saw some trash in and near holes
which did not make me happy. I went around the area cause the bottom was what
we look for down there - tons of shells - coral fist size to some as big as your head.
I was getting good hits in-between some of these holes and started to pull up some coinage.
and some junk earrings.
Came upon a spot loaded with iron with a few holes - I think he may have cranked his discrim.
or just moved on through - I was hunting in all metal and took out some of it
but was getting a bunch of low tone hits with each swing (which on the CZ are bad- usually)
so I started to click over to iD mode with each hit and go for the mid and high tones (which are usually good)
I got a deep hit and it read off high tone and scooped down about a foot - gave scoop a
few shakes and had to pluck a few larger pieces of coral out...few more shakes to get the smaller shell frags out
and then I saw the glint of gold thru the remaining debris and thought I had a wedding band. Reached
in with my thumb and index finger and was surprised when I saw the stones sitting on my thumb.
Oh yeah!
Getting ready to head out as I finish this post. Hoping to find this ring some friends for the flight home.
2 more days to hunt...if that's the only gold I get - at least it is a good one :icon_thumright:
Happy Thankgiving to all!
2019flacas.JPG
fla.2019caspr.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd take that all day long, Congrats!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow, that's a beauty. Congratulations :hello:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that sweet ring! And posing it on the shell for the pic makes for a more interesting shot and puts it in a beach context - like it!

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats casper. Glad to see you getting out hope you and rosa are doing well

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good to see you out and about! Great find and especially with the CZ!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Awesome find!!! Wow! Goes to show what you get when you’re an experienced hunter and you just know when another hunter hasn’t quite worked the spot well enough. Good job!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Sweet Ring!! Congrats :icon_thumleft:

jmaziarz

Greenie
Nov 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Teknetics Patriot, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to say the other guy was inexperienced but perhaps not patient enough. Unfortunately, I've seen what "look" like experienced detectorists put their trash back and make a poor attempt at filling a hole. Annoying but the beach rewarded you, awesome finds!

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida has never been that good to me, and I live here!! Sweet find for shore....:notworthy:

howie#1

Aug 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Casper, I went out today Two silver, lots of holes and rocks.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on one heck of a nice ring. Can't wait to hear more details about it and see the rest of it.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida has never been that good to me, and I live here!! Sweet find for shore....:notworthy:
Im sending you some luck - hope it reaches you
gd9.gif

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not a rock...that's a boulder :)

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just some of my florida finds from a few trips just visiting - wonder how I'd be doing if I lived down here
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1617.html[/FONT]

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice PRICY one. Hunters with slow recovery machines tend to avoid those concentrations of iron...... thou the Nox is changing that a bit. I hunt in AM as well and work those areas. Our sand is pretty bad right now ... i think i got 11 targets one day in 7 hours IN the water. That ole 10% of the hunters get 90% of the gold......to bad im not one of them lol. Congrats on a great hunt.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice PRICY one. Hunters with slow recovery machines tend to avoid those concentrations of iron...... thou the Nox is changing that a bit. I hunt in AM as well and work those areas. Our sand is pretty bad right now ... i think i got 11 targets one day in 7 hours IN the water. That ole 10% of the hunters get 90% of the gold......to bad im not one of them lol. Congrats on a great hunt.
I think he cranked his discrim. ..he had holes all around area and then there was a 5ft by 5ft patch of iron - I was getting 6+
hits per swing - I clicked from all metal to ID mode and was getting all low tones (on cz21 lows are bad) one after another then got a high tone
I switched to all metal and got a faint signal there and rechecked again in ID and once again got a high tone - I fanned about 4 ins. off and rechecked and signal got louder - stuck scoop straight down and buried it to the rod. Took a full scoop out and had it, I was easily down over a foot - wondered if
he had turned his discrim. up if he may have lost depth and missed or if high enough just would have discriminated it. I did find a few deep green nickles in the same area that he also missed that were deep

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread