Visiting Orlando Jan 19-24 - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Visiting Orlando Jan 19-24

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dig everything!

Sep 2018
    Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de Las Nieves
    Garrett, Equinox 800
    189 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsteve View Post
    With all of the cold and ice up here in the great white north, I figured I’d head south to Orlando for a few days. Bring the detector along as I figured Daytona area as well as Clearwater are not that far and I could spend a day on the Atlantic and Gulf side swinging the detector.
    Steve
    Steve, heard some reales were found today! Any of them yours I hope? Remember: Tomorrow may be the day...
    SanMan likes this.
    "There is something in a treasure that fastens upon a man's mind. He will pray and blaspheme and still persevere, and will curse the day he ever heard of it, and will let his last hour come upon him unawares, still believing that he missed it only by a foot..." Joseph Conrad

ca
    Dec 2018
    Elora, ON
    Garrett AT PRO
    4 times
    Well, I couldn't have picked a worst week to hit the beach The wind during the early part of the week of the 19th was crazy strong along the treasure coast. Add the temp in the low 50's during the day made for a challenge. I got out to south of the Vero beach area on Tuesday and swung the detector for about 2.5 hours during the morning low tide but the surf was really kicked up by the wind. At times I felt like I was being sand blasted.

On a positive note, my family got me wireless headphones for my AT PRO at Christmas so this was a great time to test them out. They worked perfect and no cord to tangle when I was digging signals.

Despite the weather issues, I had a great time on the beach searching the high tide line at low tide. No great finds but I did locate some very interesting iron pieces. While they have no value I thing they'll make a nice addition to my conversation tray. Coins only totaled $3.40 so my afternoon coffee was a wash.

I'll be heading down to Weston at the end of March so I'll be planning some searching north of Ft Lauderdale that week. Hopefully the spring weather will be more kind and with more tourism that time of the year hopefully a few more coins, and if I'm lucky a ring or two, will find their way into my pouch.

Thanks again for the advice.

us
    Dec 2019
    NC
    37 times
    thanks for the update mcsteve I was really hoping that you'd get some 1715 gold or silver - would like to see pics of the iron you found. wishing you luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links