unbelievably lazy

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the Equinox 800 from a dealer in in Conn. I had to wait a week for him to get it. I would have thought he would
have installed the 2.0 update from MUU before shipping it to me. Evidently, that was too much to expect. Unfortunately for me, my computer doesn't have capability of installing this F2 update. It lacks 50 MB of hard drive space and 20 MB of RAM (older Lenovo ThinkPad). Piss poor service for first time customer.

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that Ive had mine for a couple years havent done the up grade Ive heard good and bad about it so I dont think it will be a big deal..

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried it in the yard Park 1 with Fe bias on 5. It worked very good with rusty nail on both sides of a dime and next to touching dime and got a clear signal both times. I don't think my old DFX would have been able to do that. Very impressed with this new detector. WM 08 and wireless headphones work great. Over all very satisfied!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome to hear I know many people who havent and dont want to do the up grade theres lots of thoughts about it on the minelab forum The presets I like cause its easy to use and learn before you tweak it and you dont really have to either.....Tommy

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried it in the yard Park 1 with Fe bias on 5. It worked very good with rusty nail on both sides of a dime and next to touching dime and got a clear signal both times. I don't think my old DFX would have been able to do that. Very impressed with this new detector. WM 08 and wireless headphones work great. Over all very satisfied!

You're using the WM08 with your wireless headphones? Why?

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO The wireless headphones work very nice and the WM 08 works fine with my wired headphones

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some customers would complain they did not receive a new unit in packaging is opened, updates are typically the responsibility of the purchaser.

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He opened the box to put a T-shirt in it. He should have done it. No excuses

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ask for it to be updated? Maybe you should have upgraded your computer before ordering a machine that needed updating.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the Equinox 800 from a dealer in in Conn. I had to wait a week for him to get it. I would have thought he would
have installed the 2.0 update from MUU before shipping it to me. Evidently, that was too much to expect. Unfortunately for me, my computer doesn't have capability of installing this F2 update. It lacks 50 MB of hard drive space and 20 MB of RAM (older Lenovo ThinkPad). Piss poor service for first time customer.
it's not being lazy , it's call out of STOCK !

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have bin UPSET if the update was done with out me asking for the service....

PISS PORE CUSTOMER...:icon_thumleft:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I would of been happy to have the chance to update the firmware myself. This enables you to be more familiar with its operation and the update procedure. Unless you asked for it to be updated I don’t see the poor customer service as warranted.
IMHO

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to mention, the next update, then what ? Ship it back to get updated ?
Nope, complete responsibility of the owner.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did the iron update (usually run Beach 1) and I think either there is no difference or I'm finding MORE bottle caps and larger pieces of iron than in the earlier version of the software So I don't think your missing anything. When I get the chance I'll go back to earlier version.

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Minelab dealer totally blew it as a salesperson. Nothing was mentioned about a new update. I assumed any new updates would have been installed on any machines mfg after the 2.0 release. If he was familiar with the F2 , it would have been helpful to offer his opinion in regards to that but evidently he couldn't be bothered with any recommendations or suggestions. He should have explained to me that the update takes only a few minutes and if i didn't notice any difference it could be removed. I have since downloaded the 2.0 using a relatives Windows 10 computer

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
odd you would have one NOT loaded with the current update......id call ML and find out just how old your unit is. This sounds like one he may have used as a floor model when they first came out.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh sheesh just what he needed to imagine, now hes got an out of date, unupdateable floor model which took a whole week get there - When he doesn't find that treasure chest hes expecting its all their fault!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xray...... to my knowledge ALL the newer machines have been loaded BEFORE with the update and we have the option of using the older version. From a recent post from the guys here in FL...... that treasure chest can be 14' down.... he may not find that one lol. Nothing wrong with the older machines..... i have one of the first and ive had NO issues at all and i ONLY salt water hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread