Which scoop style do you have and why do you like or hate it?

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20200818-062646_Chrome.jpg
XTREME Sand Shredder Pro v2 All-Terrain (Titanium)

Screenshot_20200818-062616_Chrome.jpg
XTREME Surf Master X3 All-Terrain (Titanium)

Wanting to bite the bullet and upgrade my scoop to a Titanium Xtreme

Curious to your valuable opinions.

Who has or had one of these exact scoops?
How do/did you like it?
What size graphite handle did you get?

46", 54" or 46" two-piece travel handles

Most important question for me

What model do you like best and why?

What type of beach hunting do you do at the beach ?

Wet/surf or dry sand?

Thank you in advance for your valuable input.

Cheers

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RTG - long handled heavy gauge aluminum travel model with a stainless sharp lip applied

Hddeuce03

Jul 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They both are good scoops. The determining factor for me would be what type of ground will you be digging in? If it's tough like where I'm at (hard clay/mud with rocks/shells), I'd get the pointed one.

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Xp deus, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an extreme x2 which looks almost like the bottom one. I love it, no issues. I picked the carbon travel handle which works great. Just be sure to clean after every use in salt water. Very convenient , fits in a big suitcase.

Charlie W

Aug 13, 2020
Vero Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use a Sito Scoop for wet sand and a lighter unknown brand for dry sand. All told, a short light D-handle garden shovel is faster than them all for me on the wet sand slope. Too much bending over though.

Sito Scoop 2.png

Sito Scoop 1.png

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the top one. An XTREME Sand Shredder Pro v2 All-Terrain (Titanium). I already had Chuck's S.S. Pointed 720i so I opted for the I/2 round version with the travel carbon fiber handle.
It being so light weight I’m able to stay out longer and the first time out with it, in that extra last hour, I scored a $1700 Tiffany & Co. platinum ring. Paid for the Scoop and CF Handle. Good luck WaterScoop!

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their's a Fellow treasure hunter on youtube, he goes by, the detector channel, and he has them both extreme scoops and like a walking billboard with extreme on his shirt or something.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot depends on conditions. Here in Fl..... we have a lot of varied conditions.... hard pan, shell build up, thick concrete like sand, and replunished coarse sand. What ive found is you can use a round nose scoop...... but the can roll on you and thats not what you want to happen when you are bobbing like an apple chest deep. One with a point tends to work in most conditions. I use a StavR scoop with a point and 1/2" holes.... the price is with shipping is RIGHT. I like smaller holes in the back..... but in some conditions you need a sifter because the shells wont clear..... tends to make for a frustrating day and time consuming.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
I've been hunting beaches for longer than I care to admit and have found that I prefer the pointed version but that's just a personal preference.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Funny you should ask...I just pulled the card out today and will have the X3 Titanium in two days.

I used the SS version (3lbs 5oz) for a week now weighing in heavier than the X3 Titanium does at 2.1lbs (both less handle). My current scoop weighs in at 8.1lbs. BIGGEST PLUS!
It removes sand unlike any other scoop I have used.
I will not need to tether it to my pouch belt as it floats, handle out of the water. This will even out my walking gate and lessen hip pain, so say my doctor.
I had to go with the 13" pointed scoop with the 5" top plate. Better for keeping targets in the scoop.
The 54" handle was 5" longer than my SS handle on my current scoop. A bit more cumbersome to pack/carry but much easier on the digging. If you are traveling the travel handle will fit the bill. Its connection has an 11 turn screw/nut configuration. Both shafts are made by Anderson. There is very, very little bending compared to other carbon fiber shafts I have pulled on and has a larger diameter than most.
95% of my detecting is in the surf, New England area, year round hard digging in the rocks.
The Shredder is more for the wet/dry sand and the X3 for the surf.
I had no problem with the textured carbon fiber handle. Some that wanted a different grip bought the blue handle cover, cut the closed end off and slid it onto the shaft into place just above the scoops mounting tube.

Points I will improve on: first is the placement of a marker of some kind, probably reflective tape, on the back side of the handle to help align the scoop when you can not see the scoop. Second is the toe pad I will have to train my foot to the smaller pad than my current scoop has. I you use the Motus grip, you may not need the tape. Third find some way of keeping my digging arm in shape as I will not be carrying the heavy scoop that does not float. Lastly, convince my wife of all the benefits are necessary for my health and wellbeing, which is priceless!

Yet to be seen, will it outlast my original scoop that I have had since 1992. It is made from heavier gauge SS than any scoop made today. I have had 2 new "bills" welded on to replace the worn down SS from digging in the rocks.

For the price the SS X3 would be a wise choice. For me, I can afford the Titanium and have talked about a Titanium scoop for over 25 years. No more talk. I've done it!
Let us know how you go.
P/S I just wanted to add that I average over 400 hours detecting salt and fresh water per year. I do have a smaller SS scoop I have been using in the fresh water, but with this purchase I doubt it will see much use in the near future.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread