Help!!! Ive fallen and I cant get up!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree37Likes
  • 8 Post By tom from mass
  • 7 Post By sphillips
  • 4 Post By AARC
  • 3 Post By CASPER-2
  • 4 Post By tom from mass
  • 3 Post By FloridaSon
  • 2 Post By billb
  • 1 Post By flgliderpilot
  • 3 Post By metrotec
  • 2 Post By cyberdan

Thread: Help!!! Ive fallen and I cant get up!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Terrible Tom

Feb 2014
    87 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Help!!! I've fallen and I can't get up!

Well thankfully not quite that bad yet. While recovering targets the other day I couldn't believe how difficult it has become to stand up from a kneeling position. It was almost funny in that I would lose my balance and almost fall on my head. Not something to look forward to for you younger guys. I hopefully have a fix. I'm ordering a White's Ground Hawg Shovel to not only dig the plug but also to use as a cane. I have enjoyed metal detecting since 02 or 03 it's certainly better than being a couch potato and watching the Boob Tube 24/7

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Equinox 800
    540 times
    I feel your pain Tom. I turned 70 on friday and am also slow to stand up from a kneeling position. When I go to the beach I rarely kneel down, usually bend over to find target with the carrot. But when I go to a park, yep, I knee down and am slow to get back on my feet. I work part time at the flight school maintenance shop at our local airport and have to kneel several times a day. But, as you said, better than being a couch potato.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    77419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sphillips View Post
    I feel your pain Tom. I turned 70 on friday and am also slow to stand up from a kneeling position. When I go to the beach I rarely kneel down, usually bend over to find target with the carrot. But when I go to a park, yep, I knee down and am slow to get back on my feet. I work part time at the flight school maintenance shop at our local airport and have to kneel several times a day. But, as you said, better than being a couch potato.
    Happy B-day.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    17700 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    i have neuropathy in both feet and in ankles - cant feel a thing - guy ran over my foot and i never felt it
    so makes it hard to walk and get up from kneeling - water hunting isnt bad but land is rough and yes ive fallen many
    times even shallow water with rocks is the hardest - i cant feel the large rocks and trip and stumble
    have fallen on my face
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Terrible Tom

Feb 2014
    87 times
    I'm sorry for you because using the CZ21 is your passion. At least detecting waist to chest deep with a wetsuit and the right amount of lead in the weight belt must help alleviate the discomfort you are feeling. I ordered a Whites Ground Hawg shovel from Kellyco yesterday. They only had 29 left. I'll comment on it after using it for a few days. I'll still have to use a hand shovel if target is deeper than plug. I also carry a Frisbee to put scoops of soil into. It makes it easier to locate target rather than have it fall back into the grass and makes plug replacement much easier and neat and carry a foam pad to kneel on. Now I'm sure I'll look like Super Nerd

Charter Member
    us
    Dig everything!

Sep 2018
    Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de Las Nieves
    Garrett, Equinox 800
    354 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    We are all on the same path, weeks ago we lost so much sand the stair access was hanging in mid air. When I came back I wound up crawling onto the bottom step side ways then rolling up. Must have looked like a giant 1 year old child climbing a staircase for the first time. More and more I feel like - who cares? anyway. Good hunting
    "There is something in a treasure that fastens upon a man's mind. He will pray and blaspheme and still persevere, and will curse the day he ever heard of it, and will let his last hour come upon him unawares, still believing that he missed it only by a foot..." Joseph Conrad

us
    Bill B

Sep 2010
    Upstate NY
    Excalibur2,,silver sabre
    625 times
    Tom from mass. Happy Birthday I joined the seventy club this year also...check out the kneeler with handles perhaps it will help
    Irishgoldhound and RustyGold like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Equinox 800
    540 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    Happy B-day.
    Thx AARC!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Apr 2015
    Saint Augustine, FL
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    1380 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tom from mass View Post
    Well thankfully not quite that bad yet. While recovering targets the other day I couldn't believe how difficult it has become to stand up from a kneeling position. It was almost funny in that I would lose my balance and almost fall on my head. Not something to look forward to for you younger guys. I hopefully have a fix. I'm ordering a White's Ground Hawg Shovel to not only dig the plug but also to use as a cane. I have enjoyed metal detecting since 02 or 03 it's certainly better than being a couch potato and watching the Boob Tube 24/7
    This is why I mostly only beach hunt. I sort and spread the sand with my feet and shake it with the scoop. No kneeling!

BTW I occasionally ride motocross with two guys who are 72 and 82! They are good riders. Hope I am able to do that some day.
    Last edited by flgliderpilot; Dec 19, 2020 at 09:57 AM.
    zigzag likes this.
    Minelab Equinox 800,Fisher CZ-21

... waiting to see that elusive dowser or LRL on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ... has never happened!

us
    eye man

Jan 2020
    East Tennessee
    Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
    185 times
    I understand , completely. I'm 75 and have all sorts of health problems, B U T it does not stop me from heading out into the fields-woods.
    Here's the MAIN thing I found out by mistake! I recently shot a small buck deer, he ran around a small hill and dropped. I managed to get his head in a fork of a small tree, his body pointing down hill. I began to field dress him, leaning over and my head pointing down hill. All of a sudden!! I heard a voice!! " *****. are you ok? should I call 911"? It was my smart Ass Apple Watch! I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My blood pressure was up, heart rate was up and my head was sloping down hill. I pressed the button to end the conversation, and continued to gut the buck. Then again, "****, are you ok, should I call 911?". I pressed the button again to end the conversation.
    The point is! If I Was having another heart attack, (3) so far-5 stints and a stroke, I could have gotten help in the woods, on a mountain in Tennessee.
    I usually hunt and MD with my girlfriend, she was in NC that week, so I was hunting on our land about 100 yards from the house. Cell phones are great, but a Smart Ass Apple Watch gives you a lot of freedom, such as being a Dick Tracy wanna be, and able to talk into your watch, while gutting a buck. mmmmm I didn't have my cell phone with me, but I did have my SAAW. hahah

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    3807 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tom from mass View Post
    I'm sorry for you because using the CZ21 is your passion. At least detecting waist to chest deep with a wetsuit and the right amount of lead in the weight belt must help alleviate the discomfort you are feeling. I ordered a Whites Ground Hawg shovel from Kellyco yesterday. They only had 29 left. I'll comment on it after using it for a few days. I'll still have to use a hand shovel if target is deeper than plug. I also carry a Frisbee to put scoops of soil into. It makes it easier to locate target rather than have it fall back into the grass and makes plug replacement much easier and neat and carry a foam pad to kneel on. Now I'm sure I'll look like Super Nerd
    I also carry a foam pad to kneel when it can't be avoided. Good idea about the frisbee. I gave the few promo frisbees I had to my son's lab. Time to get another one.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    2141 times
    Quote Originally Posted by billb View Post
    Tom from mass. Happy Birthday I joined the seventy club this year also...check out the kneeler with handles perhaps it will help
    Happy B-day too both of you guys. I hit 70 also this year. I live 5 minutes from the beach but I mostly go for the beach combing. A crowded beach is 5-6 people total, both directions, so no lost coins and gold.

Many time I will sit in the pebbles and look for sea glass and agates. I feel like a fool rolling around in the pebbles to get up but no one here to see me. Now on solid ground I don't have any problem getting up except I know I will get dizzy for about 10 seconds. I have several small gardens and like to get down to their level to weed and all.
    islamoradamark and RustyGold like this.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links