Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck! Looking forward to reading your report. I also just got a Nox 600, have it charged and will assemble and air test it today for a local beach hunt tomorrow.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php

Attachments

• aaaarr-good-luck-matey.jpg
    aaaarr-good-luck-matey.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 714

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arggh - there will be no report from me today about beach hunting with the nox 600. I knew the tide would be high but underestimated the wind. When from the NE, the water really piles up on these small beaches on the western shore of Chesapeake Bay. The water was up into the woods/brush, so no go.

Hope you got out on the ocean side, eastern shore, or a larger beach like Sandy Point (early morning hunting only).

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im heading out to the ocean tomorrow morning be out there till monday.not much planed except eating some drinks and metal detecting.I was wondering if you could md at sandy point.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandy Point is from 7am-9am only. With such a tiny window I don't bother with it.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandy Point is from 7am-9am only. With such a tiny window I don't bother with it.

Yup, I wouldn't want to hunt beyond 0900 anyway with the crowds and heat. I just wish we could start earlier than 7.

At least I got something accomplished - picked up more 6' fencing to protect my apple trees from the deer. When I got back from checking the beach this morning, I discovered they have already eaten about 60% of my apples. I tried to reason with one yesterday, offering him all the pears he can reach, but there is no reasoning with a deer. I believe his foot stomping means he'll take those too when they are ripe. I had to get 3-4' away and stomp my own feet before he reluctantly ambled off, smirking that he would return. The battle of wits has begun and to quote John Paul Jones "I have not yet begun to fight".

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't be going out tomorrow. I LOST MY DEUS! LEFT IT IN NEW YORK! However it is found and should be back by the weekend. Sandy Point 7-9 am only is ok, but I don't really need to get up at 4:30 to get there by 7 to get more change...and sinkers. Good stuff there is much harder to get and it's been a couple years or more since I got anything really really nice.

OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got back yesterday.learned alot .found lots of modern coins couple silver.hole bunch of pull tabs and cans.lots of junk did manage to find a pendant off a neckless with what looks to be about 8 diamonds.I dont think there real im going to get it checked and post some pics if it is.couple ear rings and a really old cross with Jesus on it not sure what its made of.My equinox did very well.I think I got better as time went on seem to find better and better stuff as I used it.heding back out there in july for a whole week.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
There's always gong to be more trash dropped than treasure. Grats on a successful outing and good luck next time out.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
O'boy, another Maryland Pirate! I heard there were 12 hunters at Sandy Point this past Monday for a 2 hour window.
Would have been 13 but ..
attachment.php

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN, but I was getting over my trip from NY and left the machine up there. Otherwise it would have been 14. I wonder how many were in the water?

OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually bounce back and forth from just above the water line to a few feet deep in the water. Ill be back out Ocean city for a week in july if any of you maryland hunters want to meet up.I didnt hit any of the main beaches just some heavily use smaller beach that arent sweeped every night

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread