To Be Or Not To Be?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much crap. Four days at treasure camp and it requires two machines, two scoops, etc., etc., a backup for everything and all the spare parts and basic tools just in case. Tent camping, which I love to do, but talk about a lot of gear, food, beverages, everything from bug sprays to clothes to wetsuits, and the list goes on and on. The truth is simply that I?m getting too old and too beaten up for this type of constant packing and unpacking. And it gets worse.

My Excal hardly ever sees the water anymore simply because I know that I?ll be too tempted to start chasing those deep targets again, those labors wearing me out far too quickly these days, the Equinox being my primary machine now. Case in point, Wednesday, I took the Excal for a stroll, dug four deep targets without hardly moving a few feet and suddenly it?s time for a break. Just two years ago I could have held that pace all day long but not anymore, my upper body strength and endurance really taking a slide this past year or so. Getting old sucks, or is age the real problem here?

Let?s backup about two years, this being when they put me on a once a month injection called Rapatha for my cholesterol, this being because I was sensitive to statins and couldn?t take them. Well, as I am just now learning, Rapatha can start to attack the muscle groups after extended use, go figure that this information is rather hard to come across until you start having the issue, as I am now. So, they have taken me off of the Rapatha and they are telling me that it will take up to 75 days for this medication to clear from my system. And now for the best part, while it is likely that the symptoms will improve there is also a chance that the damage can be permanent. Not to mention that I am now left with no means of cholesterol control at all, so back to eating cardboard and rabbit food again.

So my point is this, if you are taking Rapatha and you start experiencing involuntarily muscle twitching anywhere??STOP TAKING THIS MEDICATION?.even if you are feeling great as it will eventually take a toll on your muscle groups, just as it has mine. Now all I can do is to wait and see if things improve over the next couple of months? :dontknow:

Upvote 0

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's not getting old that bothers me, it's the side effects. LOL. I hope your system clears out and yoy get back to normal. Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread