I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
No apologies are needed me and my dad are still laughing u have a great time on the other side of the ocean ..my dad says never go to Thailand treasure hunting MR CHRISTAIN u could find treasure thats on the wild side ..I have no idea what this means but my dad still laughing

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a decent swimmer, avid surfer body/ boogey wake boarder but respect for the sea is key. Surfers use the rip tides to get back out behind the waves like a conveyor belt or ski lift. Its a great way to get to know the oceans power, ferocity and beauty. I got sucked out to sea in Barnegat inlet as a kid no life jacket and only survived by clinging to a bouy for hours until a boat rescued me. At the time I was swimming 50-70 laps in a session in an olympic pool and got cocky with my abilities. The wind and tide were driving me out to sea quicker than I could cross the channel. I had made it so far but couldn't get to land. The boater that rescued me kept saying I could swim 50 yards to shore but I knew I couldn't fight the tide and the wind any longer so I said no thanks until they felt bad and took me aboard.
I detect with a hookah rig or snorkel and weight belt. Any ropes or lines can quicky bind you up and drown you. You want to be unencumbered and ready and prepared to ditch all your equipment if needed to survive. A dive knife is a must, there are plenty of old fishing and boating lines underwater trying to snag you as well. While its quite a romantic notion and I love the tranquility of being immersed fully its way more dangerous than hunting hip deep. Definitely see if you love swimming first, then snorkeling. Cold water cramps your feet and hands up and an errant splash down the wind pipe gets you coughing out of breath quickly. I get super anxious before i get in that i'll get in over my head so to speak and my tummy goes into knots. I'm always happy to leave with my life. Its not to be undertaken lightly. That said I crave it when the waters warm and the summer is hot. Its all I can think about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread