Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sent another EQX 600 in for repair. Should be there by Friday, and I hope they get one back to me like they did Before. They shipped one to me the day they got mine and I wasn't down long. This will be # 3 I think, and there is another one in its box, next to my front door ready to go back for water intrusion. This one just showed CD after working flawlessly for its first 4 months !! Strange how I used it all the time fully submerged and had no problems. Went to get in the water and it would not cycle on. After about 25 tries...IT CAME ON !! I jumped into the water and used it for 2 hours at about 3-4ft. With no problems. Got home turned it off and it just shows CD again and won't cycle on.

You may ask me why I still use a detector that breaks constantly.....I hunt 80% of the time underwater. And this machine in my opinion is the best...totally submerged, or beach hunting. I found 30 rings with this one before it broke....thats just since july....I got this EQX in June!! 20210721_200901.jpg 20210711_115142.jpg
Just these few rings covered the cost of this machine and that was 2 hunts !! They get the goods folks !!
20210913_120141.jpg
This is the little pile of goods since july 1st. Until it broke....not including the pounds of clad !!

The last one i had before this one I left in the bahamas with SAD669, after I found another pile of real treasure....it had failed me and I had it repaired and it got me this pile 20210529_133920.jpg this pile was found in three months from February till June of this year !! So you see....I love the EQX 600 even though I've never had one last a year before repairs were needed !! They are not waterproof but are water resistant for a period of time. Ive never had to pay a dime for the repairs except shipping. When I get them back they go directly in the water totally submerged again....after using the repaired ones I will usally order a new one and gift my repaired one to someone !! I take the brand new one directly out of the box, and straight under water. It has fresh warranty, and I don't baby these machines !! Ill get to know my excal again if there is any delay with the repair !!

I did feel ripped off at one point by what could be considered false advertising !! They lied when they said its waterproof to ten feet....all mine have failed at less than the rated depth. Im over it now...such is life....I've been lied to before !! Remember the old timex water RESISTANT watches.....where are they now ?? All broken in a drawer somewhere because water resistant means that sooner or later its gonna fail if ya keep going in the water.

Waterproof ratings should be standardized for all electronics...watches these days that are waterproof rated are held to 33 feet....one atmosphere!! Why not all metaldetectors that claim waterproof ratings ??

Last edited:
Reactions: ARC
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you ever tried cz21?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I tell everyone to buy Nox's, best bang for the buck! And Got to give credit to the Minelab service center, they turned around a once bad reputation.

One thing I really like is you can buy another control head for 350.oo with the 3 year warranty once the original warranty runs out. A new board for the excalibur ..over 600.oo

And seems everyone has one, even some of the Excalibur users and the CZ20/21 older users are parking there older out of date machines....

Have you though about getting the SeaGhost conversion?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you ever tried cz21?

Yes casper....I like the cz, and had one for a long time....I ended up getting a second excal after that. When the eqx is working your spoiled....so light weight, all the modern features, I would rather use the eqx than the excal in the shallows.....really only use the excal in the deep....and then I use pulse8X about as much when im in the deep. I think I'll try that sea ghost....I see guys using it all over the world on instagram looks like the go to upgrade for the nox's waterproof issues !! I don't even use headphones anymore and just listen to the speaker underwater !! So simple of a set up.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you even get a cz21 anymore ??

Ahhh yes I see them now....1100$ or there abouts !! Hmmm I did like that machine !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell everyone to buy Nox's, best bang for the buck! And Got to give credit to the Minelab service center, they turned around a once bad reputation.

One thing I really like is you can buy another control head for 350.oo with the 3 year warranty once the original warranty runs out. A new board for the excalibur ..over 600.oo

And seems everyone has one, even some of the Excalibur users and the CZ20/21 older users are parking there older out of date machines....

Have you though about getting the SeaGhost conversion?

What have you guys herd about that seaghost ? Seems like guys are using it reliably underwater ?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BLAK BART You are amazing that 1747 gold coin the gold cross with silver crucifix!!!
Are you kidding me you?re finding all that I got to go look at it again it is amazing you are a beast you should have some banners I?m sure. Really use some special truly amazing once again

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
What have you guys herd about that seaghost ? Seems like guys are using it reliably underwater ?

I know of two people who have them, One dives all the time with his, had it about 6 months, no problems. The other just got his a few months ago and has used it part of the summer with no problems and does plan on diving with it in the future..
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...ons/587703-underwater-box-mnelab-equinox.html
I like the way it looks..and I believe the maker does several other mods for some of the minelab machines.. last I seen he was on... https://www.instagram.com/seaghost_metaldetector_lab/?hl=en

attachment.php

Attachments

• 83257131_2213054425667469_1521882194883117056_o.jpg
    83257131_2213054425667469_1521882194883117056_o.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing that drives me absolutely nuts about Minelab in recent years is their total dedication in the employing of the minimums when it comes to waterproofing. They use the thinnest seals possible with the least amount of surface contact possible? :laughing7:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart i thought you owned an X2 ... ? ? ?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BLAK BART You are amazing that 1747 gold coin the gold cross with silver crucifix!!!
Are you kidding me you?re finding all that I got to go look at it again it is amazing you are a beast you should have some banners I?m sure. Really use some special truly amazing once again

Truth what an eight reale.....you my friend are the man !! Congrats again bud that coin is BOSS !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd just get an Excalibur.

I've got 2 excals smokey....really prefer the excal for deeper dives, and eqx for the shallower stuff. Im using the excal right now it is great !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart i thought you owned an X2 ... ? ? ?

I can use the x2 when im working on the treasure boat....but its not mine personally....same with the pulse8x....I do have MY detectors on the treasure boat but they stay on the boat and I don't use those machines for personal use !! I have permission to use them but I would only take them off the boat if it was absolutely a necessity. They are all paid for with investor funds !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing that drives me absolutely nuts about Minelab in recent years is their total dedication in the employing of the minimums when it comes to waterproofing. They use the thinnest seals possible with the least amount of surface contact possible? :laughing7:

I agree 100% bigscoop....its a shame !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of two people who have them, One dives all the time with his, had it about 6 months, no problems. The other just got his a few months ago and has used it part of the summer with no problems and does plan on diving with it in the future..
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...ons/587703-underwater-box-mnelab-equinox.html
I like the way it looks..and I believe the maker does several other mods for some of the minelab machines.. last I seen he was on... https://www.instagram.com/seaghost_metaldetector_lab/?hl=en

attachment.php

Thats where I see them alot....seems real popular with the Europeans.....thats it.....im gonna get one and put it to the test....in the mean time I'll fall back in love with my excal. Ive got a deeper spot I want to hookah dive with the excal before summer slips away for good. Friend of mine says he lost a Rolex here....it was insured so he never tried to get it....I want that sucker !!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an small example - these finds from earlier this year from 2 hunts
were made like waist deep at a beach that gets pounded by Excals and Nox hunters
They were deep found in all metal with Cz21s - at least a dozen guys hit here
I never hit shallow here because so many hunt in close here - I discovered another
beach this year that has older finds in close too like knee deep at low tide
know it gets hit pretty good lately by Noxs too = they clean out the newer stuff
but sont seem to get the deep stuff
I have discovered many spots over the yrs like this - if you look at my older gold and silver in my albums -
most are left overs - ive never hit a virgin water spot = usually i go to spots that others
have given up on "I cleaned that place out years ago" spots
I know a lot seem to over discriminate at these spots which is not necessary
i can say that a ;pt of my older stuff is usually in deep rocks - do rocks afect the Nox?
I thought the CZ21 might be great in the Keys on dives - it is heavy in shallows
and on land - chest or waist mounting is a must but fine for diving

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend in Fla. that has sent his Nox back 3 times due to leakage
think one he has now is good

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you do great wuth whatever machine you use
I cant stand the way Excals sound - main reason i never got one
my CZ21s sound like the first machine i had as a kid - and I use it in a similar way
Im comfortable

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread