1715 sabastian inlet

T

transtang

i went to sabastion inlet with a buddy for the weekend and found NOTHING. well i found $.26 but got alot of good information from the mel fisher treasure museum(got to hold an $18,000.00 piece of 8 for about 5 seconds). plan on doing more reseach and going back in a few months, i live on the west coast of florida so its not a long trip. any new info would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
B

BEACH DIGGER

I've hunted sabastian/ wabasso bch. a couple of times ,with no luck,,,however just recently i've heard of a few finds (cobs) in the area, both times i've went with a minelab elite.. planning on going in two wks. of so , going to use my pi machine this time. recent finds have been with pi's so i've heard..area of the cabin & chucks steaks house

HH beach digger /orlando,fl

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just walked all the way down to the McClarty museum on the beach...absolutely nothing. Upper beach is all renourished crap, not even a beer can (well, 2). Waterline nothing. No significant wave action to help. Stayed at Disney/Wabasso. Didn't even go out, beach looked so crappy. So much for the area being the "treasure coast"...time for a new motto. Parking lot at Wabasso IS open now, though.

cobra

Nov 8, 2004
Hey Bill...How right you are! I worked the area from Chucks north about 1/2 mile. Nothing. So much sand. The area behind the museum no good. Trash being carried out of the inlet onto the beach at the museum. Oh Well...maybe this summer!
Let me know when you are going out again. May try to meet up with you.

Richard Chaney

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Fisheye just reminded me that we are only 30 days from the start of hurricane season, one good hurricane up the coast line will blow all that alleged beach sand away. Of course, it will also strip the paint off my house again. A small price to pay!

OP
OP
T

transtang

1st hurricane im heading back i searched for 4hrs with bounty hunter tracker IV and didnt even find a pull tab. yes i held the bar was looking for a way to get it out. lol

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
transtang said:
1st hurricane im heading back i searched for 4hrs with bounty hunter tracker IV and didnt even find a pull tab. yes i held the bar was looking for a way to get it out. lol

You and me both. LOL. Could you imagine digging one of those on the beach? I was down there for 16 months and not a single hurricane...moved back here last april (04) and wouldn't you know it you guys get slammed by not one but three. Dang, just my luck. Oh well. HH.

doubloonhunter

Jul 1, 2005
CT/FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur minelab .. Etrac on order... Minelab safari back up
newbie there. anyone hear of finds last summer after the 3 hurricanes in the 1715 treasure beach area.. finds on the beach of course? im curiuos.
thanks

brian

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dennis is a comming!

Attachments

• 031807W_sm.gif
    031807W_sm.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 259

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread