Beach Detecting Questions (My First Time)

jmh139

Oct 11, 2004
I'm going to be going to the Orange Beach, AL area at the end of the month and plan to take my Ace 250 to try some beach detecting. I need a sand scoop and was hoping someone could recommend one that is inexpensive and won't break on me. I've never detected beaches before, and want to make sure I have the right tool.

Anyone detected the Orange Beach area? I won't have any problems detecting the beach will I? It's public property right? Thanks for any help!

Jay

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately the terms "Ace 250 and hunting a saltwater beach" don't mix very well,

the best you'll be able to do is hunt in the dry sand areas with it.

If you near the water line, and enter onto wet sand with the 250 on a saltwater beach, it will go nuts with falsing, and you'll not be able to correct the problem unless you return to the dry sand area/s.

They are decent machines (but not saltwater beach machines).

As far as a beach scoop, check with Kellyco, they have what you need for your adventure.

HH

Lonewolfe

Biggunshunter

Jan 25, 2005
North Augusta SC
I use one of the large metal scoops that most people that beach hunt frequently use, but I also have a large garden scoop (not a spade) that is metal and looks like a candy scoop. If my son or somebody else goes with me this is what they use and it works pretty good. These are also relatively cheap as opposed to the nice ones which can be pricey.

TOWcritter

Check this forum for a post about sand scoops. Zeke makes them and I bought one as well as quite a few other people. They are awesome,well built, light as a feather,strong as a bricks-- house. Well worth the money. About $35 or $40.

scoutingbear

Jun 28, 2005
With your machine and the fact that you will be doing only dry sand hunting, make sure you get the screen type of scoop and not the solid metal ones. They are a lot lighter and allow for the sand to sift out faster.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread