sunspot scoop

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bomber I have settled on the Stealth for my water hunting over most of the others. If there is one improvement I would make for using it in the surf would be adding a screened top to keep gold rings from being washed out by the big waves and you can still see inside easy. The top isn't needed for fresh water.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I could make a scoop better, for me it would be to make mine bigger.

I use the Beach Brute, it is 12.0 deep x 8.5 wide x 6.0 inches high.

I would love to see it 12" D x 12" W x 8" H. I don't think it would be that much heaver, compared to how much faster it would recover a target.

I can't imagine ever going back to a 5" or 6" sand scoop which is what I started with, I am all for a fast recovery and on to the next target! ;)

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006
Hey Treasure Hunter, the question was about the Sunspot, not that albatross you drag around. ;D

bomber, Sandman made a great point, the screen is not needed hunting the Lake where you will be.

My only beef with the Stealth, is the price. It's a good scoop and it should be, it's been tried and tested
for many years. You may need a 5 foot handle once ya get your feet wet and maybe a weight belt.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have one, its a tank ,,GREAT SCOOP Bit on the high side $$$$ yes, but well worth it .. I haven't heard of one breaking yet.. guzz1

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chi Town Bruce said:
Hey Treasure Hunter, the question was about the Sunspot, not that albatross you drag around. ;D

Hummm Lets compare measurements on the two. ;D

Sunspot 12.0 " deep X 8.0 " wide X 5.5" H
Beach Brute 12.0 " deep x 8.5 " wide x 6.0" H My $100 used "albatross" wins by a nose.... ;)

All joking aside, I am always looking for another good USED scoop, and the Sun Spot has great feedback from the users, I would buy the sun spot if it was bigger then one I currently have.....

J-Moe

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Excal 800 -BHID
I recieved the new stealth a couple weeks ago, it,s a little wider thar the older one I also have the diamond head and acouple others but the stealth is the big daddy really saves time in the deeper water. the diamond head is great in hard bottom,shells etc. good luck J-Moe

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
I have 2 stealths, they for me are the best. The only thing I changed is the handles. They come with heavy oak handles. I don,t know how or why ,but both my handles broke after a few times out. Now I have a stanless steel handle on 1 and a alumimun handle on the other. No more problems. Mike

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have one and its stout scoop no doubt ..however its a tad heavy toten the damn thing for 4 hours can get to ya . if they can shave a pound or two off would be better .IWAS THINKING OF CHANGING the handle on mine maybe fiberglass or aluminum ,, Guzz1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread