Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not the least bit suprised at all... I can see folks hunting for change just to have gas money or buy a gallon of milk or bread.. but we are not in a recession... alls I gotta say is remember 1921.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I not surprised either by the meager Crap I'm finding lately .. the beaches down here a picked clean and its spring break ,,,,targets a at a minimal .. go figure .. guzz1

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but.. do keep your eyes out in the papers, craigslist and where ever else you can think of..cause honestly, theres gonna be alot of detectors for sale... alot of folks wont like it, cant understand or figure out the machine therefore will get rid of em... everyone thinks this is the easiest hobby and has that ring to it like its easy money and you can make a living off of it....and we all know that most of cant make a living off of just detecting...so keep your eyes out... alot will be for sale.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
bootybay said:
but.. do keep your eyes out in the papers, craigslist and where ever else you can think of..cause honestly, theres gonna be alot of detectors for sale... alot of folks wont like it, cant understand or figure out the machine therefore will get rid of em... everyone thinks this is the easiest hobby and has that ring to it like its easy money and you can make a living off of it....and we all know that most of cant make a living off of just detecting...so keep your eyes out... alot will be for sale.

:wink:

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
good call. :wink: Its not easy but loads of fun. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Guzz1

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
bootybay said:

I agree, I can imagine that allot of people are not patient and will go swinging that machine all over the beach, no patterns, find junk and wonder why they spent all that money on a contraption.
I think not to worry cause, we, the true MD'ers have one thing the casuals don't,,, patience...

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly think all that will happen... but personally for me...its the thrill of the hunt.. its being able to get out by myself and enjoy the outdoors and nature..if I find something thats great..if I dont, thats ok too...

it will be interesting to watch.. wonder if any other states are sold out....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JoeSWFF said:
bootybay said:

I agree, I can imagine that allot of people are not patient and will go swinging that machine all over the beach, no patterns, find junk and wonder why they spent all that money on a contraption.
I think not to worry cause, we, the true MD'ers have one thing the casuals don't,,, patience...

Been there seen it happen Locally.

If your planning on doing it to get rich,
You'll lose patience Quickly.
Even at todays Gold prices.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next will be all the gold claims being bought up... it could get ugly..which is kinda scary to be honest. wanna bet a lot of claims have already been bought?

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I think it took me 3 months to pay for my detctor and that was hunting long and hard 4 days a week. Those get rich quick people are in for a big surprise!!!

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
Yeah, I'm still hoping to find enough change to pay the toll bridge on my way home :D

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I had a great weekend I found 4 rings total. 2 gold with small diamonds, 1 silver ring, 1 silver charm, 1 brass with a neat dolphin, 1 wheat penny from 1925, $18 in clad, a Superman belt buckle, and a cool little Scuba Stever guy. I found a deep trough and it was insane. I guess I'll have a tough time topping this weekend, but I'll have fun trying. Good luck everyone.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ression hah -- can you say depression? -- its just coming on slowly the rich rigged the markets (stop trading triggers --after a certin % dropof the market -- locking folks in ) that way the ultra rich have time to bail out as the market does a slow melt down rather than the off the cliff dive like before (1929) -- the little folks will still get it in the neck watch and see . (as the poor panic the ultra rich will be there cherry picking the stock ownings for pennies on the dollar --- its the classic boom then bust the market cycle that the rich use to "pump" the money from the poor --learn from history or be part of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread