Sourcing a scoop

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf
Living in Australia has it's ups and downs and when it comes to trying to get someone to manufacture a large scoop for the beach/ surf it's definitely on the down side. I stopped at 3 different welding businesses this afternoon armed with pictures of different sand scoops to give them an idea of what I wanted, but all three of them said they didn't have the time to do a little job like that, purchase 20 or 30 and yes they might be interested but to make just one? No way Jose...

So it looks like I'm going to have to import one from my good friends in the USA, as they are not sold here anywhere, you may purchase the small hand held scoops but that's where it ends, so have now shot off an email to Kellyco to see how much they will slug me for a Beach Brute shipped over to here, I need something of that strength and size. I'm hoping that with the right scoop I can reap the rewards in the water as I've only ever seen a few other MDer's on the dry sand of the beaches where I live and I know the gold is out there in the water!

If anyone can offer up any other ideas or perhaps other models I'd sure appreciate it, but so far the kellyco "Brute" looks the one for me.

Upvote 0

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Diamond back by nuttall Is a great scoop... Check it out 159.00. Guzz1

OP
OP
Ozzygold

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf
Thanks Guzz, it looks good, do you find it's wide enough?

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A buddy of mine just bought one .. he tried it out sunday , said it was killer .... said it was plenty wide enough .. Now they make one with a fiberglass handle ( lighter) .. and one with steel (heavier) I would get the steel handle being Australia its a bit heavier but might be to your advantage in high surf. Me .. IM a wimp ,,, ;D ;D Im going Fiberglass ...... I gonna purchase one this week ... good luck .. Guzz1

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Stealth Scoop.jpg
    Stealth Scoop.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 220
  • Stealth Scoop.jpg
    Stealth Scoop.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 221

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
Chi Town Bruce said:
Hello Mate! I have both Diamond Heads, the all Stainless and updated version.

And YES! it will put a grin on your face during your first dig. Ask GOIO, he used it last Saturday before
a seeded beach hunt and man! he was surprised.

What impresses me is the scoops ability to dig Fast & Deep, the Craftsmanship and Travis Nuttall, him self
for listening to us.

http://www.nuttallenterprises.com/servlet/Detail?no=1

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,155572.0.html

Thanks Chi Town Bruce, I really like this with the fiberglas handle instead. It will drive me nuts now until I get one, lol

I will place my order soon.

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ozzy,
Let me know if you need anything. I am sure someone in the International Department will or has gotten back to you but if they haven't, please let me know so that I can help you get the information that you need!
Thank you,
Kellyco Chick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread