BHID 300 field test review in Lost Treasure magazine

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My Beach Hunter with the 12" coil has been a killer on the gold!!

I have found almost 50 grams of 10/14k gold in the last week!!!!!! can't wait to hit the am low!! this new coil is very deep!!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of these centuries I will have one of those... watch me get one and move LOL

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that test and they loved it, I will be trying out my second new ex cal. ll tomorrow and it better work or I will be getting the 300 !!!!!

OP
OP
Hoof Hearted

Hoof Hearted

Feb 2, 2006
PA
FloridaBill said:
I read that test and they loved it, I will be trying out my second new ex cal. ll tomorrow and it better work or I will be getting the 300 !!!!!
What happened to your first Ex cal?

OP
OP
Hoof Hearted

Hoof Hearted

Feb 2, 2006
PA
Re: My Beach Hunter with the 12" coil has been a killer on the gold!!

BEACH-HUNTER said:
I have found almost 50 grams of 10/14k gold in the last week!!!!!! can't wait to hit the am low!! this new coil is very deep!!
Good stuff BH. I have no complaints except 2 things. 1st, my BHID is overly buoyant. I kinda have of a hard time trying to stay under water with it and the headphones wash right off my head. 2nd, the headphones are very loud. They are so loud that I have to wear them around my neck. Even after that my ears still ring, crackle and do some other freaky alien type noises, in other words it's very damaging to my ears. I am going to start wearing ear plugs under the phones. Does anyone else have these issues?

-Hoof Hearted?-

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first one was just not working right from the time I bought it, very errtic etc. It was sent back to Minelab they had it for ten days and replaced the pc board the coil and some other things. Got it back hit the water and although I have to say it was better it still wasn't right.

JW from Kellyco is great to work with and at this point instead of sending it back again he had me ship it back to him and he replaced it with another brand new one. That's customer service!

I must also say that the people at Minelab were also great and of course they only bench test them they have no way of field testing them that I know of.

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Re: My Beach Hunter with the 12" coil has been a killer on the gold!!

Hoof Hearted said:
BEACH-HUNTER said:
Good stuff BH. I have no complaints except 2 things. 1st, my BHID is overly buoyant. I kinda have of a hard time trying to stay under water with it and the headphones wash right off my head. 2nd, the headphones are very loud. They are so loud that I have to wear them around my neck. Even after that my ears still ring, crackle and do some other freaky alien type noises, in other words it's very damaging to my ears. I am going to start wearing ear plugs under the phones. Does anyone else have these issues?

-Hoof Hearted?- THE HEAD PHONES ARE AJUSTABLE...TO FIT BETTER?? I KNOW ITS LOUD AT TIMES...BUT UNDER WATER ITS HELP FULL...WHERE DO YOU SET YOUR THRESH HOLD?? HIP OR CHEST MOUNT THE DETECTOR FOR DIVING...ITS THE ONLY WAY TO HUNT...I KNOW SOME ONE WHO STRAPS HIS TO HIS ARM WHILE WORKING THE BOTTOM...I JUST POPPED ANOTHER GOLD RING THIS AM!!! I WILL POST A PHOTO....LOTS OF ICE IN THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
My B.H.ID'S latest ICE+GOLD!!

I LOVE THE SUMMER!!! AND GOLD!!!! AND MY BEACH HUNTER ID W/SUPER 12 :thumbsup:!!! HH ALL!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• HPIM0220 (Large).JPG
    HPIM0220 (Large).JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 269

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
EVERYONE THINKS ITS REALLY OLD

A JEWELER I USE SAID THE SAME THING :icon_sunny: HES CHECKING IN TO IT FOR ME..THANKS GOOD HUNTING TO YOU :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread